• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Garden of Words Studio Animates Public Service Campaign Commercial

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:08 pm Reply with quote
still to this day the greatest animation studio of all time. There production quality is just unbelievable. There art and animation itself has enough power to move a person, much less to add a story of emotion on top of it. Its a pity there movies are so out there in terms of story people think that the story is shit. ComiXWave Films are like the company version of Sui Ishida, they are absolutely obessed with symbolism
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:22 pm Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
still to this day the greatest animation studio of all time. There production quality is just unbelievable. There art and animation itself has enough power to move a person, much less to add a story of emotion on top of it. Its a pity there movies are so out there in terms of story people think that the story is shit. ComiXWave Films are like the company version of Sui Ishida, they are absolutely obessed with symbolism

I am still hoping that they would make a movie out of that other commercial they made regarding cram schools, and here they made another commercial full of potential to be animated into a feature film. What a waste!
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:32 pm Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
DontmesswithKarma wrote:

I am still hoping that they would make a movie out of that other commercial they made regarding cram schools, and here they made another commercial full of potential to be animated into a feature film. What a waste!

I'd say they are only using these commercial as a chance to train new directors, etc for the next generation, since they are a young and massively successful studio.
I still believe that Makoto Shinkai or at least ComiXWave Films is working on the Koe no Kitachi (a silent voice) movie adaptation. It screams ComiXWave Films. A tragic uncliche romance with an end goal of becoming a complete and happy human being. Isn't that basically what 5cm/s, PPIOED and The Garden of Words are about in a nutshell?
Pangea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Damn the picture is gorgeous. Thats all i wanted to say.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
^ I fully agree with Dontmesswithkarma on Koe no Kitachi lol.

Also, WHY IS IT ONLY IN 290p! Crazy...How is that even an option in 2015?
endallchaos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:
DontmesswithKarma wrote:

I'd say they are only using these commercial as a chance to train new directors, etc for the next generation, since they are a young and massively successful studio.
I still believe that Makoto Shinkai or at least ComiXWave Films is working on the Koe no Kitachi (a silent voice) movie adaptation. It screams ComiXWave Films. A tragic uncliche romance with an end goal of becoming a complete and happy human being. Isn't that basically what 5cm/s, PPIOED and The Garden of Words are about in a nutshell?

Well, I don't think the character in 5cm/s ended feeling complete and happy... Razz At least, that's the way I interpreted the ending.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:59 pm Reply with quote
endallchaos wrote:
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:
DontmesswithKarma wrote:

Well, I don't think the character in 5cm/s ended feeling complete and happy... Razz At least, that's the way I interpreted the ending.

Note that i said tragic. Haha true maybe i should've said endings full of feels. since it still counts
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:
DontmesswithKarma wrote:

Koe no Katachi is pretty different from Makoto Shinkai's usual work. If they can tweak with the content, then I can see it as being a Shinkai film, but if the original content is kept, I feel that there are too many dramas involved in the story for it to become something subtle like Shinkai's other works.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:08 pm Reply with quote
endallchaos wrote:

Actually "5cm per second" is NOT a tragic ending but a happy one. The MC had a massive hangup over his first love which had managed to completely screw up his life and at the end he finally managed to say goodbye to it and move on.

In the manga version spoiler[the girl in part two follows him to Tokyo and meets up with him after he managed to say goodbye so the suggestion is they may have hooked up in the end.]
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:55 am Reply with quote
Damn. That looked pretty beautiful. I get some 3D vibes from that as well.
FranceHopper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:56 pm Reply with quote
So they're basically saying that the young generation of Japan should continue to have hope and not feel like they're wasted potential or anything like that?

If so I'd say that's pretty noble, though if you're a social reject it's easier said than done Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1