• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kanon Wakeshima Performs Selector Destructed Wixoss Film's Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:55 am Reply with quote
As expected.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:02 am Reply with quote
hmm... so nothing on a US license yet?
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:08 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

Funimation is releasing sub/dub of season 1 on Blu ray soon enough.
Saeglopur25

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:38 am Reply with quote
They didn't announce yet what the actual plot will be, like if it's a sequel or alternate retelling of the TV series, or anything like that, right?
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Saeglopur25 wrote:
They didn't announce yet what the actual plot will be, like if it's a sequel or alternate retelling of the TV series, or anything like that, right?

nothing has been said other than the release, fans are hoping for a sequel but just as well it could be another "series: abridged" film.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I hope this is a sequel. The second season felt really underwhelming and did not resolve everything.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:41 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
I hope this is a sequel. The second season felt really underwhelming and did not resolve everything.

It would have taken nothing short of destroying all the heroines in the sequel season to top off the cliff hanger of Season one.
For me S2 was "safe", but sometimes safe is a drawback in of itself.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

Funimation is releasing sub/dub of season 1 on Blu ray soon enough.

Yep! I've got that pre-ordered. Smile I am more specifically talking about this film. I'm guessing they will get it sooner or later, but it doesn't seem like it is confirmed yet.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

Yep! I've got that pre-ordered. Smile I am more specifically talking about this film. I'm guessing they will get it sooner or later, but it doesn't seem like it is confirmed yet.

It will have to go through negotiations once again, if it turns out to be an abridged work it might not fly so easily, hell Wixoss statistically is underrated based on survey responses.
otagirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Kinda worried about what they're going to do with this movie. Production time seems too short.

From a business perspective it would probably make sense to introduce the franchise to a broader audience by doing a recap movie, thereby pulling in new Wixoss TCG players. But if that happens, how are they going to coherently fit in the plot of 2 entire seasons? Will they break it up into 2 movies? Or will they give the fans a proper sequel?
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:01 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
It'll probably be while until it is licensed (isn't it only until the film is released or close to the JP release date that the English companies announce a license?) I'm excited for this, but I too hope it isn't a recap movie.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:37 pm Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
It'll probably be while until it is licensed (isn't it only until the film is released or close to the JP release date that the English companies announce a license?) I'm excited for this, but I too hope it isn't a recap movie.

I hope it comes sooner, rather than later. ANN's encyclopedia has it listed as a sequel film, so it shouldn't just be a compilation.
As far as licensing movies is concerned, it seems to vary pretty widely. Funimation announced the license to the Psycho Pass film pretty much as soon as it was announced in Japan, for example.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:31 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
kevinx59 wrote:

I hope it comes sooner, rather than later. ANN's encyclopedia has it listed as a sequel film, so it shouldn't just be a compilation.
As far as licensing movies is concerned, it seems to vary pretty widely. Funimation announced the license to the Psycho Pass film pretty much as soon as it was announced in Japan, for example.

Psycho-Pass was and is a commercial success.

Anyways, by the very short video, I can tell its a sequel (either that or a series of films called Selector destructed Wixoss... Nah, its a sequel. And I hope it's licenced.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1