• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arata: The Legend Manga Goes on Hiatus

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jajanken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Perfect i was thinking about starting it soon.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Is this manga weekly or monthly? If the latter, I really don't understand the point of coming out of hiatus to put out one or two more chapters, then go back on hiatus.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:18 pm Reply with quote
The thing I've been wondering about this series is, why's it getting remastered additions? Clearly, working on the old stuff is bringing the new work to a halt.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:

You very well know aint nothing perfect about hiatus because when you start it and catch up.....lol
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
The thing I've been wondering about this series is, why's it getting remastered additions?

Her earlier editor made her write in a way that upset her. Now that she has a new one she is rewriting that portion the way she planned is what my understand of it is.
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:43 am Reply with quote
Ugh, why you gotta play with my heart like that Watase...I wish she'd finish the series before going back and improving it. Is the remastered edition even selling well? I can't imagine many people buying it if they already have the original. I know I'm not going to double-dip.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:19 am Reply with quote
sailorsweeper wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
The thing I've been wondering about this series is, why's it getting remastered additions?

Her earlier editor made her write in a way that upset her. Now that she has a new one she is rewriting that portion the way she planned is what my understand of it is.

Oh, wow. That's disappointing (for the mangaka). Must've been a horrible working environment, if they were taken to a point where they felt the need to change things, when given the chance to do so.

If I was someone that was following the manga in Japan, I'd be pretty disappointed to see them re-working older volumes, leading to delays of new chapters.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:14 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Jajanken wrote:

You very well know aint nothing perfect about hiatus because when you start it and catch up.....lol

Well I am the biggest hxh fan so I know hiatus all too well but the way I see it is unlike most people I read a LOT of manga so I'm grateful for breaks as long as they aren't forever so I can manage all my weekly chapters
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1