• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Concrete Revolutio (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote

1st Half: Concrete Revolutio (TV)
2nd Half: Concrete Revolutio: The Last Song (TV 2)

Source: Original

Demographic: Seinen

Animation Studio: Bones

Genres: action, drama, science fiction, supernatural

Themes: conspiracy, non-linear narrative, secret organization, superhumans, superpowers

Plot Summary: Tokyo is flooded with countless heroes — chōjin — during the time of "apotheosis." Their origin stories are all different. While some were altered by evil organizations, others came from space, magical worlds, or are fairies from ancient times or robots. But the Japanese government could not simply close its eyes as these superheroes ran rampant.

Air Date & Platform:
1st Half: October 4, 2015 (Sunday)
Available on: FUNimation

2nd Half: April 3, 2016 (Sunday)
Available on: FUNimation

Episode Count / Runtime:
1st Half: 13 episodes
2nd Half: 11 episodes

Total: 24 episodes
----------------------------------

I saw a new preview for the show yesterday and thought was neat. I mean, the colorful designs of the characters seems to add excitement with the characters. Bones is also one of my favorite studios so I think it's fitting that they are making this.

It's an original show with 2 cour (20+ episodes) so I expect plenty of development.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1 will air October 4th, streaming provider has yet to be announced.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

I really like the art style, seems like they're going for a whole bunch of different things at the same time and it all works. The OP/ED was pretty trippy, and the music score in the entire episode was pretty good too. Story-wise took me a while to follow, but once you figure out the past-future thing it's sort of easy to see what's happening. Don't know if we'll be following Jiro before he leaves the organization or after it, or both at the same time like in this episode, but I'm interested.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

LOL, this was funny, at least the transformation scenes.

Somehow, I found myself laughing more than expected.
The colors and artwork of the show feels a bit cartoonish imo but overall matching quite well for its themes. Looking forward to more!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:36 pm Reply with quote
episode one

Really fun show. I like the general idea of all different kinds of supers being thrown in to one world, each retaining art styles they're known for. I especially got a kick out of Kikko's abilities. The fantastic outro is just a bonus.

The plotting seems like it's going to be pretty interesting. It doesn't seem like it's going to be as convoluted as Baccano! but I'm curious how the before/after dynamic is going to play out.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:51 pm Reply with quote
This show looks totally bonkers. Kind of reminds me of the same impact that 'Rolling Girls' had on its debut. The ED was superb, but then the whole soundtrack sounded great in general.

I also got strange vibes of the B.P.R.D from the Hellboy universe when they showed the Bureau at the end. Next episode please!
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Hey this was pretty decent. Not absolutely amazing but very watchable. The multiple flash forward made it more confusing that it needed to be, I don't think anyone would have stop watching thinking it wasn't interesting enough.
maoyen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:23 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first episode a lot. The head writer said he was inspired by Watchmen, which explains why the story takes place in two different time-frames. Since this show is 24 episodes, I think they can pull everything together. Also helps that Kazuki Nakashima's on the staff.

Last edited by maoyen on Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Did not take me long to start laugh, although that was half from the confusion over it all. Kind of the other part was what it felt like watching the characters, I would describe it like watching a bunch of chuunibyou. A group of characters with some bizarrely and possibly complex or cliché story lines that feel like they have been taken from a bunch of different stories and mashed together. I would say like characters meant to be the main characters of their own stories clashing with each other.

Perhaps there were some translation problem with what I watched, but this was also really confusing, like what was the deal with the two timelines that could have been helped by a subtitle explaining that. And that one line, "I am 18 now!" or something. What was happening there?

I did enjoy the classic magical girl, who was more..... mature than the standard. As well as this idea of a bunch of different genre thrown together. Before FLCL was the highlight of what people think of randomness of anime, and it feels like this is trying to join in that. But I do think they need to work harder to make us care about the characters.
maoyen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:45 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Perhaps there were some translation problem with what I watched, but this was also really confusing, like what was the deal with the two timelines that could have been helped by a subtitle explaining that. And that one line, "I am 18 now!" or something. What was happening there?

That's the whole point: You're not supposed to know. The big mystery is what happened in those 5 years to make things the way they are. Granted this could go wrong, but time will tell.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:11 am Reply with quote
maoyen wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

That's the whole point: You're not supposed to know. The big mystery is what happened in those 5 years to make things the way they are. Granted this could go wrong, but time will tell.

My comment was not on it being a plot point that I was not aware of yet, but that it was incredibly over-melodramatic that felt kind of silly.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I like it so far. Took me awhile to realize why he was named Große Augen [big eye(s)], partly because I was being distracted by it sounding like "Gross Organ." Very Happy
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote
The art is fine, but the backgrounds hurt my eyes.
Mahou Shoujo meets Kill la Kill?
It had its moments..
Definitely not my thing.
Skipping it.
Nyron

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:51 pm Reply with quote
It's very, very rare that I watch a show and can't even make it through the first episode. I think the only other time was like, Chrome Shelled Regios

I got about 18 minutes in and couldn't tell someone a damn thing about the show other than that it's a bunch of colorful garbage thrown around the screen with barely any context. If you step away, I guess it's about a mecha protag and a magical girl fighting ultraman villains??? But the execution feels like the equivalent of shaking the shiny keys in front of a toddler. And since it's Bones, I'm not expecting any semblance of coherent writing either. Blegh.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Fun episode although I kinda felt bad for Fuurouta.
He just wanted to make a new friend and fate would have it that his new friend isn't exactly normal...

The episode itself had that nice tone of comedy with the transformation scenes as usual. I think they are squeezing this a bit close in terms of content though. Oh well, still fun to watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9