• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, December 27-January 2 [2016-01-08]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Huh, another boring week it seems, will we ever get a tiny bit of variety from this list?
Ulinox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Great to see the One-Punch Man manga still going strong. Too bad about the blu-ray numbers in Japan. Even if the second season is looking less and less likely, there's still always the manga I guess.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Swiftyy wrote:
Huh, another boring week it seems, will we ever get a tiny bit of variety from this list?

Possibly the Christmas effect? People who don't buy manga throughout the year get the big series as gifts/buy them with Christmas money.
Realquick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Swiftyy wrote:

These are the most popular manga atm. You're gonna have a hard time finding variety. Maybe when Boku no Hero Academia anime airs and the quality stays consistent or increases for the manga.
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Too bad we never get any sales numbers. I would like to see how other series sells in comparison to these. It may be an 1000, 500 or even just a 100 unit difference between number 10 and 11.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:06 pm Reply with quote
AoT 1 is back! Or did it stay on the list? Laughing

A lot of TG and OPM made it on the list. Sadly, nothing I collect made it this week.
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:46 am Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:

Possibly the Christmas effect? People who don't buy manga throughout the year get the big series as gifts/buy them with Christmas money.

With the B&N buy 2 get the 3rd sale going on, I was somewhat hoping for a shocker series to jump into the rankings while this sale is going on, I'll have to wait and see if it chances by the time the sale ends.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:50 pm Reply with quote
If AoT can go 156 weeks on this chart, that will be 3 years on said list. Knowing how popular the series is, I think that could happen. That might get a better chance when the new main series comes out this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1