Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monogatari Series' Theme Song Compilation Ranks #1 With 66,000




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Floatingvicar79



Joined: 18 Oct 2015
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Might have to preorder this. I am a big fan of the opening theme for Nekomonogatari Black Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angelmcazares
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 4385
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:46 pm Reply with quote
2 of the 3 editions sold out at amazon.co.jp. I was not sure about ordering it from Japan, but I decided to order it through the Right Stuf.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Alabaster Spectrum



Joined: 02 Sep 2015
Posts: 528
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:08 am Reply with quote
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/2015-06-08/

μ's Best Album Best Live! Collection Ⅱ topped the Oricon weekly album charts back in May 2015 too with about 85,000 so it wasn't that long ago.

edit:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-10/love-live-best-album-best-live-collection-ii-certified-gold/.89125

In fact ANN reported on it when it went gold a week later so not sure how it got left off. It contains every theme song from the two TV seasons as well as the ones from the School Idol Festival game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Detrimont



Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Posts: 134
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:44 am Reply with quote
Just note, it's only the OP's and ED's upto the end of 2nd Season (including Hana), so nothing from Tsuki and Owari.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Egan Loo



Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Posts: 942
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:45 am Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/2015-06-08/

μ's Best Album Best Live! Collection Ⅱ topped the Oricon weekly album charts back in May 2015 too with about 85,000 so it wasn't that long ago.

edit:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-10/love-live-best-album-best-live-collection-ii-certified-gold/.89125

In fact ANN reported on it when it went gold a week later so not sure how it got left off. It contains every theme song from the two TV seasons as well as the ones from the School Idol Festival game.


The distinction Oricon seems to be making is that the other albums are compilations of songs by different artists, as opposed to one musical act.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FtKaru



Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 70
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:53 am Reply with quote
Detrimont wrote:
Just note, it's only the OP's and ED's upto the end of 2nd Season (including Hana), so nothing from Tsuki and Owari.

Bit disappointing since I loved the songs from Owari, but I can live with it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc



Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 60
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:36 am Reply with quote
Would these be the full length songs or the TV length?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Detrimont



Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Posts: 134
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Doc wrote:
Would these be the full length songs or the TV length?


Full length
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiranehito



Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 791
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:11 pm Reply with quote
How many Monogatari series that have yet to be adapted? I think it'd be better if they waited to complete the whole adaptation and release the complete album.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
omiya



Joined: 21 Sep 2011
Posts: 1492
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
As usual, Aniplex doesn't make the promotional clip on Youtube available here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHo3Zwx-3iE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 13716
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:55 am Reply with quote
omiya wrote:

As usual, Aniplex doesn't make the promotional clip on Youtube available here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHo3Zwx-3iE


Maybe due to "The uploader has not made this video available in your country."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 25 Oct 2003
Posts: 7446
Location: Wales
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:02 am Reply with quote
That is literally what omiya just said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
omiya



Joined: 21 Sep 2011
Posts: 1492
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:45 pm Reply with quote
One question that I didn't see answered directly in the article - were the songs only by the seiyuu appearing in the anime, or are their other artists providing songs on this compilation album as well?

I wonder how well Macross Frontier vocal collection Nyan Tama sold?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group