• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haikyu!! Manga Gets 'Big Announcement' on March 19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:00 pm Reply with quote
A live action movie perhaps? I really doubt a third season coming at this point. Or perhaps another anime movie (original this time)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shinster400

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Viz is publishing it in single volumes not the 2-in-1s... That's Kuroko.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Anime movie to finish off the arc.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
A live action movie perhaps? I really doubt a third season coming at this point. Or perhaps another anime movie (original this time)

Why not a third season? The anime is selling really well, the manga is in the top sellers of WSJ and there's HQ merch everywhere. It's obvious the current season won't be enough to finish the Prefectural tournament, it's not beyond reason that they would announce a S3 right around the time that this one finishes. I'm really hoping that's gonna be the case
lucio542

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:52 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Why not a third season? The anime is selling really well, the manga is in the top sellers of WSJ and there's HQ merch everywhere. It's obvious the current season won't be enough to finish the Prefectural tournament, it's not beyond reason that they would announce a S3 right around the time that this one finishes. I'm really hoping that's gonna be the case

If i am not wrong the anime its reaching the manga.. so need to get an space.

Last edited by lucio542 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Maybe a large edition like what they did with Attack on Titan: Colossal Edition? That would be neat.
Deynard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
19th of March? So this number wll be onlne on 16th of March Smile
Яeverse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

They could announce an s3, but it probably wont be coming for at least a year. There'd be so little content to animate. (just three games at this point, and two of those are like half a volumes worth of chapters.
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Nice, any adaptation to do with Haikyuu!! I'd be happy with to be honest though I think it's more likely to be anime recap/live-action film, although a third season isn't impossible as it's quite popular in Japan and I've seen new seasons of anime come out with this short of a notice with only a seasons gap before.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:32 pm Reply with quote
^Ah yes, that is indeed true, with what they have now there's probably barely enough for one cour, but it's still feasible they announce it's been green-lit already, even if it takes them a year and a half or two years to do the next season
0Ninjaz0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Why March 19th? That's a Saturday, and an issue of Jump already released on March 14th. Two issue the same exact week? Is there a holiday on Monday so that they had to push it back not to Sunday, because that's a Sunday, but to Saturday? That's the only solution I can think of, unless I'm missing something obvious here.
BVerfG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
CrowLia wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

They could announce an s3, but it probably wont be coming for at least a year. There'd be so little content to animate. (just three games at this point, and two of those are like half a volumes worth of chapters.

I agree that there won't be a third season for a year although they might still announce the renewal now, but you're conveniently "forgetting" that the third of those games is nearly 40 chapters long. ^^ It's the longest match to date and could span more than 10 Episodes all on it's own. Plus if they release it in a year, there will be 50 Chapters more, which is easily enough for a new season.

Then they will be caught up with the manga though and who knows. I hope that they do an OVA focussing on Fukurodani or some other side characters (the first centered around Nekoma), but I'm not sure that's a "huge" announcement.
Gulpin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:34 pm Reply with quote
It's still way too early for a season 3, but I agree with some others on here, they can still announce it now. I can't really think of another "super big announcement" they could be making on the manga's 4th anniversary. The 3DS game came out just recently so I doubt it'll be an announcement for another game. What's more, HQ!! is clearly still very popular and it's selling a lot of merchandise too, there's plenty of money to be made off another season. If they do announce season 3, it won't start airing until 2017, I'd assume.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:41 pm Reply with quote
0Ninjaz0 wrote:
Why March 19th? That's a Saturday, and an issue of Jump already released on March 14th. Two issue the same exact week? Is there a holiday on Monday so that they had to push it back not to Sunday, because that's a Sunday, but to Saturday? That's the only solution I can think of, unless I'm missing something obvious here.

Vernal Equinox Day
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:09 pm Reply with quote
More Haikyuu is always a plus!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1