• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha Comics Licenses In/Spectre Manga, Plans Sweetness & Lightning Print Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shuusei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:47 pm Reply with quote
i've always enjoyed Kyo Shiradaira's works so i'll definitely check out in/spectre.

I'm looking forward to their other 5 licenses, hopefully they'll have a couple I've been wishing for for years.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Ah, more hits to the old pocket book. It's all good, keep 'em coming.

Mark Gosdin
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I cannot recommend in/spectre enough, it is just so edge-at-your seat entertaining, absolutely unique (almost oddball) characters, surprising twists, as well as sweet and dearing romance. It's a great reading experience.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
I cannot recommend in/spectre enough, it is just so edge-at-your seat entertaining, absolutely unique (almost oddball) characters, surprising twists, as well as sweet and dearing romance. It's a great reading experience.

This is the sort of thing I was hoping to see about in/spectre.

Both of the series that they've licensed sound really good, but now I'm convinced that both will be must owns for me (was definitely getting Sweetness and Lightning from the get go).
Muffum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Will definitely have to pick up In/Spectre. Really enjoyed what little of it I've read.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Kyo Shirodaira? That works for me, I'm sold.
jenny10-11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:

I was hoping in/spectre would be terrible, so there would be at least one supernatural manga I didn't pick up. Oh well.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:10 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:

When I read the synopsis, I thought I'd pass on it. Mainly because I didn't think its romantic aspect would be that well developed...but now you've got me thinking otherwise.

Also, nice to see that Sweetness and Lightning is seeing print. Since it's been digital only, I've not checked it out. But, will check out the anime before I decide to pick up the manga. Thing I'm happy about is that, now, picking up the manga has become an option.

Currently, I am looking at picking up some new manga series, seeing as I've got around 6 series I'm currently collecting that have finished/about to finish this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1