• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Love Live! 'Final' Concert Ticket Auctioned for 430,010 yen

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:23 pm Reply with quote
This actually....does not surprise me after all...

There were fans who are willing to buy 40 or 110 copies of Love Live Movie BDs just for the lottery tickets for the concert ticket drawing (mind you, the lottery drawing actually discourages that practice yet somehow people got around those restrictions), what baffles me even more, during the week when the movie BD came out, many fans even post pics of buying dozens of BDs. I understand the zealous passion of buying multiple copies, but showing off buying tens of BDs just screams absurdity and attention-seeking
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Break up is such a harsh way of putting it. How about forced dissolution because you're too old for your perverted fanbase & exploitative management to believe you're still 16.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:26 pm Reply with quote
As far as I can tell, this is way more than any concert ticket sold in the US. The most I could find was around $1000.

Also @Lemonchest, you know they are fictional characters, right? I mean the singers are real people, but the characters they are playing are fictional. Sorry Love Livers (though I do like the series, and am looking forward to the next group, especially their center). Also Maki best girl.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I greatly disagree with what Lemonchest is theorizing.... Mostly because it's untrue. Their voices are the same, so age has nothing to do with it.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:31 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
As far as I can tell, this is way more than any concert ticket sold in the US. The most I could find was around $1000.

Also @Lemonchest, you know they are fictional characters, right? I mean the singers are real people, but the characters they are playing are fictional. Sorry Love Livers (though I do like the series, and am looking forward to the next group, especially their center). Also Maki best girl.

They perform in the flesh at the live events. They've a idol group with fictional personas (or fictional personas with an idol group) & as with all idol groups they've reached their sell by date.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I believe the length of the contract was stipulated from the beginning
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Break up is such a harsh way of putting it. How about forced dissolution because you're too old for your perverted fanbase & exploitative management to believe you're still 16.

Nope. It's breaking up. Some of the members have simply had enough and don't want to renew their contracts. With the current level that Love Live is selling at there is no way management want the group to end. While the idol industry can be creepy there is no need to make stuff up!

BTW some of the subgroups will continue on so this generation of Love Live is not disappearing completely.

zrnzle500 wrote:
Also Maki best girl.

I concur!
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Fairly certain they were all adults when Love Live began so I don't know where you're going with this.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Watch the OT blanket judgement insults Lemonchest.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:37 pm Reply with quote
With μ's last concert drawing near, I think it wouldn't sound out of place for a hardcore fan of Love Live going to extreme lengths to raise enough funds to buy that scalped ticket before it's gone.
Sparvid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:38 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Fairly certain they were all adults when Love Live began so I don't know where you're going with this.

Also pretty sure that for example Mimori Suzuko and Sora Tokui will continue to goof around, perform and being accepted by fans as part of Milky Holmes.

But by the way, I don't get why these two concerts are held on Thursday and Friday afternoons instead of the usual Saturday/Sunday when most people have free time.
jirg1901

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
I don't know why I'm the only person who seems to read into it like this, but Emitsun's statement says that they won't headline any solo concerts anymore, that doesn't mean they can't make occasional one off appearances as part of things like Anisama or even with Aquors like other anime units.

It's the equivalent of quitting touring rather than splitting entirely.
Loveless100

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:44 am Reply with quote
The most I've spent on a ticket for a concert is $300....

But I spent almost $1000 to go to Hawaii to see Arashi so I totally understand.

If I wasn't busy that weekend I would have gone to Japan to see them. I know a couple folks flying over from the US so it's a big event. Considering how much fun the last concert looked I'm really sad that I'm missing this!

Also on the note about the weird days of the concerts, it's fairly common. And with a Friday concert date it's definitely normal. I would have been more surprised if it was a Tuesday/Wednesday concert.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:52 pm Reply with quote
jirg1901 wrote:
I don't know why I'm the only person who seems to read into it like this, but Emitsun's statement says that they won't headline any solo concerts anymore, that doesn't mean they can't make occasional one off appearances as part of things like Anisama or even with Aquors like other anime units.

It's the equivalent of quitting touring rather than splitting entirely.
This is definitely what I got from it. With Aquors on the rise, having them stop headlining concerts just makes sense. Even if one or more of the seiyuu are tired of μ's, I'd expect a few reunion performances here and there on an ad-hoc basis.
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Shame on the one selling the ticket. It's the very very very last last last Muse concert ever. Why not go?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2