• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tales of Zestiria the X TV Anime Premieres July 3

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:23 am Reply with quote
Still no animated footage yet. I expect the quality to be at least good as the OVA though so keeping the hopes for that right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:10 am Reply with quote
Well, it's ufotable so you know the animation will be top notch even if it means delaying episodes and airing the finale months after the original run.

Good that it's looking to be a proper adaptation rather than a spin off or something. Means I can watch it even though I haven't played the game.

I doubt anyone will complain if they changed that, though.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:38 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Still no animated footage yet. I expect the quality to be at least good as the OVA though so keeping the hopes for that right now.

There was a trailer a while back(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0wkfRiQKRQ) but aside from that no
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:27 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Well, it's ufotable so you know the animation will be top notch even if it means delaying episodes and airing the finale months after the original run.

It appears that they will be animating this in their regular, clay-like style, and they haven't spearheaded any production lately, so I doubt there'll be delays.

Last edited by Hameyadea on Wed May 25, 2016 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote
Could be split cour, though. But I do hear Zestiria is on the short side so maybe 13 episodes will be enough.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:04 am Reply with quote
Love the Tales series but hopefully this gets dubbed eventually. All but 1 of the games have been dubbed and even the OVA for Zestiria was dubbed so it would be silly to keep this sub only permanently. As someone who loves the dub cast for every Tales game it sucks to get shafted with every Tales anime. Tales of The Abyss was sub only but now that Funi has it there might be a chance at a dub (-crosses fingers-) Tales of Symphonia (My favorite game) the anime has NEVER been licensed in NA and that pissed me off to NO end me as I would kill to own it or even be able to watched it subbed legally but since there is NO official subbed release I'm forced to be unable to watch the anime to my favorite game of all time..... so cruel Anime cry and the countries who do have it licenses don't even have the option of English subs. Then this anime is still in question but the Tales series seems to be the opposite of the SAO series where the games get dubs and the animes never, SAO anime gets dubs but Bamco is too lazy to give the games a dub even though the fanbase is large enough to support it. Will hope for good news in regards to this series as after the wonderful dub cast of Zestriria the last thing I want to do is ruin the anime by having to listen to Japanese VA..... Guess it also depends on what company picks up the license for the series as right now no NA licensor has it.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:35 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Could be split cour, though. But I do hear Zestiria is on the short side so maybe 13 episodes will be enough.

Game already has pacing issues. If its 13 or even split, we'll probably have something on par with the Eternia anime AKA really, really bad. Not that I'm expecting this to be any good considering the source material but anything less than 24 straight would seal it.
Dab1za9

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:38 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Good that it's looking to be a proper adaptation rather than a spin off or something. Means I can watch it even though I haven't played the game.

I doubt anyone will complain if they changed that, though.

Seeing they are showing 4 episodes before the TV airing then they are probably have good schedule with this one.
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Haven't played the game due to economic reasons but is it an animated adaptation like Tales of the Abyss' anime? If so, I'll definitely check it
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:08 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
Love the Tales series but hopefully this gets dubbed eventually. All but 1 of the games have been dubbed and even the OVA for Zestiria was dubbed so it would be silly to keep this sub only permanently. As someone who loves the dub cast for every Tales game it sucks to get shafted with every Tales anime. Tales of The Abyss was sub only but now that Funi has it there might be a chance at a dub (-crosses fingers-) Tales of Symphonia (My favorite game) the anime has NEVER been licensed in NA and that pissed me off to NO end me as I would kill to own it or even be able to watched it subbed legally but since there is NO official subbed release I'm forced to be unable to watch the anime to my favorite game of all time..... so cruel Anime cry and the countries who do have it licenses don't even have the option of English subs. Then this anime is still in question but the Tales series seems to be the opposite of the SAO series where the games get dubs and the animes never, SAO anime gets dubs but Bamco is too lazy to give the games a dub even though the fanbase is large enough to support it. Will hope for good news in regards to this series as after the wonderful dub cast of Zestriria the last thing I want to do is ruin the anime by having to listen to Japanese VA..... Guess it also depends on what company picks up the license for the series as right now no NA licensor has it.

Ya lets hope funimation gets the right to this so they can broadcast dub it, but ya i know they dubbed the ova, I just dont know where to watch it in english and who owns it? I think its aniplex and if so itll take a while if at all for them to dub it. I also wanna watch tales of abyss but I dont know where to legally watch it because its not on funimation or cruncyrolls streaming service. smh.
Hersh31

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I will eventually pick up the game on Steam. I am looking forward to watching this.
Miro96

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

Game already has pacing issues. If its 13 or even split, we'll probably have something on par with the Eternia anime AKA really, really bad. Not that I'm expecting this to be any good considering the source material but anything less than 24 straight would seal it.

The anime will have an original storyline from that of the game. So basically there will be changes and also references to Tales of Beseria, which I think is a good thing considering many people think Zestiria has the weakest story. Very Happy
Shinigami-Seishou

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:33 am Reply with quote
They showed about 40 minutes in to this anime from what I remember. It was like him leaving his home basically like the prologue of the game. I think this is gonna be fantastic. I love the game Smile
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:29 am Reply with quote
Shinigami-Seishou wrote:
They showed about 40 minutes in to this anime from what I remember. It was like him leaving his home basically like the prologue of the game. I think this is gonna be fantastic. I love the game :)

That wasn't what this is. That was the Special that was broadcast in Japan prior to the game's release, and that was bundled with the PS4 CE in the US.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:26 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:

Yeah, hopefully with both the game and the OVA getting them, hopefully this series gets dubbed.

I agree that was super disappointing with prior Tales of anime including Bandai Ent's rushed, last minute release of the Tales of the Abyss anime, etc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2