• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kiss Him, Not Me Anime Casts Yu Kobayashi, Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Yuuki Ono, Nobunaga Shimazaki,

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peebs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:31 am Reply with quote
Yu Kobayashi as Kae is a dream come true I didn't know I had. She's perfect for the roll.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:35 am Reply with quote
WTH is this?

Why change the perfect drama CD casta. Why? KanaHana was perfect as Kae plus the others. WHYYYYYY.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:03 am Reply with quote
The cast is solid, but.... I won't get to hear Kana Hanazawa?! Crying or Very sad
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I like that casting choice... except changes from Kamiya to Matsuoka, maybe. HanaKana is good voice actress, but Yu Kobayashi as total fujoshi character like Kae is PERFECTLY IDEAL.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Aww I wish it was the same as the drama cd Sad
No offense to Nobunaga, I'm sure he'll do good, but no one can replace Sakurai as asuma
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote
The posts here are a perfect example of when life comes at you fast.

What a role for Matsuoka.

OnoY!
prime_pm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:37 pm Reply with quote
YES! I love Yu!
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, as soon as I saw Sakurai being replaced, I rejoice! I'm also so glad that HanaKana was replaced by Kobayashi. The latter's hyperness will be perfect for a fangirl like Kae.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:13 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
WTH is this?

Why change the perfect drama CD casta. Why? KanaHana was perfect as Kae plus the others. WHYYYYYY.

it's liek replacing a miko with her goddess
BlueOla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, they did choose a good cast but... Replacing Suzuki Tatsuhisa and Hosoya Yoshimasa for someone else? Even if you take someone amazing in their place, that's a great pity. :<

I'll live but this is disappointing. I was actually most excited for the cast. I'm sad.
crx07

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Everybody should accept the fact that Drama CD cast are USUALLY not reused as anime cast.
Maybe they aren't reused because of scheduling conflicts, as the article below suggests
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-07-11/the-boy-and-the-beast-hosoda-explains-why-doesnt-cast-many-pro-voice-actors/.104194
Or, that's the current trend of Drama CD vs anime casting
harminia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:01 pm Reply with quote
I haven't heard the drama CDs so I don't know what they're like, so I don't know if these changes are an improvement or not...
But Sawashiro as Shima? Thank you God for this blessing you have given us. We are not worthy of such kindness.
junijuni23

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Daaaamnn I want them to keep the original cast from the drama cd. Probably can't afford Kamiya Hiroshi & Sakurai Takahiro though Crying or Very sad
BlueOla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:13 am Reply with quote
crx07 wrote:
Everybody should accept the fact that Drama CD cast are USUALLY not reused as anime cast.
Maybe they aren't reused because of scheduling conflicts, as the article below suggests
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-07-11/the-boy-and-the-beast-hosoda-explains-why-doesnt-cast-many-pro-voice-actors/.104194
Or, that's the current trend of Drama CD vs anime casting

Well, the Servamp anime cast was the same as the Drama CD one, so it's not really a "trend". If anything, I'd blame it either on tight schedules or the fact that the ones used for the CD before are now to expensive for the anime studio. It's just a bit sad, that's all.
crx07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:52 am Reply with quote
BlueOla wrote:

Well, the Servamp anime cast was the same as the Drama CD one, so it's not really a "trend". If anything, I'd blame it either on tight schedules or the fact that the ones used for the CD before are now to expensive for the anime studio. It's just a bit sad, that's all.
My speculation about the trend is actually weak since I only monitored less that 15 anime with Drama CDs (servamp is the first time i hear reusing cast as far as I can remember) While I take these two factors into consideration, I lean more about the tight schedules than the expensive talent fees since the budget looks big enough to land anime cast that looks pretty expensive, though talent fees could be a factor too since the drama cd cast looks much more expensive. So I think both factors played a role.
I noticed that all the anime with drama cd i monitored don‘t reuse a VA even in a different role. I don't get why. Maybe they follow this formula:recast everybody or recast nobody
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2