• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Five Lessons I Learned From Assassination Classroom

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dextres

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:58 am Reply with quote
Five lessons I learn from Koro sensei:

1.) Don't reject society, their is nothing to gain from the end of it.

2.) Have a second "blade". (whether that is in the classroom or life/aka have options for yourself).

3.) When the difficulties in life start to be too much, when things don't go the way you want them to, just say "that's life" and continue living the way you want to live.

4.) Navigate through the negativies of life and seek alternative routes, not everything need to be handle directly.

5.) Even your smallest abilities, talents and gifts that are basic now(with uncertainity and not much use) as a person, can become your strengths in time while steadily acknowledging your weaknesses.

Honoraby mention: For relationships- When you are single and see couples in loving relationships, etc and it makes you sad/depress/etc think of yourself as a weed(forgot the name) swaying and passing in the wind/while having a mute expression lol.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Five things I learned from Koro sensei:

1 It doesn't matter what kind of background you have, being Mr. Chips overcomes all.

2 Overextending a metaphor, such as... some examples... assassination as a class project, general studies or career goals, is fine for a single season. Once you start repeating yourself, you're just repeating yourself.

3 Some people always just matter more; They're called "main characters" and as such, get special care and abilities. This isn't Negima, we're not going to spend a chapter/arc with a character just because they're "there". "Students"? They know their role, they quip and go back in the background.

4 Lab assistants make good teachers somehow. Or is it the other way?

5 In the end, it's not about "assassination"... well, it's not about the classroom either. There's so much "high concept" hijinks happening from students, rival students and faculty that I wonder more than once that Class E should get a 9th grade do-over.

I'm having some serious problems with finishing this series; Time and time again, I'm yelling at the characters "Just kill him already! He's wounded there, he's distracted there. Look, he's trapped! Do something!" The whole dumb class just watches Koro-sensei not live up to his name throughout the second half of the series, it makes me wonder why they were trying so hard in the first half.

Now that I think about it, why didn't this show use actual countdown to end each episode like Mahoromatic? I don't know which I hate more, shows that go out of their way to justify Japanese competitive examinations -"builds character/zombies, maybe both."- or high concept projects that forget what their concept is.
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Loved this series, episode 24 had me in tears at 3 am in the morning. I loved every single aspect of this series and really appreciate it's many themes. this show is so layered it's amazing and Korosensei's eccentric personality is just the finest example of such. it's been a long time since a show resonated with me this much and I must say I'm sad there isn't more. Here's hoping for a spinoff with Nagisa teaching his class and hopefully we get more clarification about the Nagisa X Kayano thing, i hate they made it so ambiguous
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1