• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dream Festival! Idol Anime's Promo Video Reveals TV Broadcast, October 7 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
I don't hate this but must every male idol anime have a red-haired boy?? Just saying.
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:06 am Reply with quote
Another bland male idol show yaaaayyy -_-'
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:39 pm Reply with quote
CheezcakeMe wrote:
Another bland male idol show yaaaayyy -_-'

I find it absurd that people tell me there's not a lot of these when I swear I've seen 1 or 2 every new season for a while now same as female idol anime. Exciting stuff as always for lately anime industry, like we all knew you were going to do this after the success of Love Live but when you all rush to do it at the same time (especially Bandai Namco and A-1 Pictures, big surprise with nice corporate names like that and what they're set up to do now) it just looks sad and like you truly have no ideas left.
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:40 pm Reply with quote
There weren't a lot of reverse harem/boy band anime... Until there suddenly was. Now there's too many and almost all are terrible. Great for people who love them, a nightmare for everyone else.
BlueOla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:50 pm Reply with quote
CheezcakeMe wrote:
There weren't a lot of reverse harem/boy band anime... Until there suddenly was. Now there's too many and almost all are terrible. Great for people who love them, a nightmare for everyone else.

Yeah, but why would people who don't love such shows watch them anyway? They're pretty clearly made for one specific niche.

And I also think there are some good male idol anime, it just depends on your expectations.
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:01 am Reply with quote
BlueOla wrote:

Yeah, but why would people who don't love such shows watch them anyway? They're pretty clearly made for one specific niche.

And I also think there are some good male idol anime, it just depends on your expectations.

For every idol show being made means something else that might be more appealing or interesting to me is passed on. It's a selfish way of thinking I know.

Balance would be nice, there's either no reverse harem shows or we're drowning in them.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Ok Male Idol animes of 2016 so far: TsukiUta, B-Project, Utapri s4, Marginal 4, Ensemble Stars!, Idolish7, Starmyu s2 and now Dream Festival! ...whew 2016 is definitely the battle of Male Idols... And alot of people are confusing Magic-Kyun as a male idol anime, which is not ... Anyway aside from these hypes Kiss Him Not Me will definitely be on my top list of shoujo animes this yr
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1