• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square RPG King's Knight Gets Smartphone Remake, Appears in Final Fantasy XV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:31 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame how much FFXV has just ended up feeling like some weird mass-marketing consolidation thing for Square Enix as we still await an actual playable game to come out to make it tangible to it's audience as well....an actual game. It gives it a really bad all too commercialized feel as the lead up and vibe it has going into it's release at least for me and I'm still not even convinced it's going to be a good game so I don't know. Obviously not much of a concern for most people of course. Confused
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
It's a shame how much FFXV has just ended up feeling like some weird mass-marketing consolidation thing for Square Enix as we still await an actual playable game to come out to make it tangible to it's audience as well....an actual game. It gives it a really bad all too commercialized feel as the lead up and vibe it has going into it's release at least for me and I'm still not even convinced it's going to be a good game so I don't know. Obviously not much of a concern for most people of course. Confused
Or maybe you're setting yourself up for disappointment by not actively researching gameplay videos and interviews that debunk a lot of your qualms? 95% of gaming publications that have played multiple hours of the game have unanimously praised various elements (i.e. Battle system, character dynamics, etc). We've waited over 10 years for this game. There was a point in development where we got absolutely no news for YEARS. You don't have to be satisfied with the game's marketing but at least take the time to consider why they're actually doing all of this. Don't try to stratify your inability to get into the game to everyone else who's anticipation is high. Most people DO care about the game's quality and want it to be good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1