• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: Bamboo Blade (Sub 1-26, dub 1-4)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:02 am Reply with quote
Nice, another great series for people to watch for free. Don't watch it for the fanservice -- because there isn't any -- watch it for the fun story and likable characters.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
~nanashi~

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:41 am Reply with quote
I honestly will, I've been looking forward to this series for sometime. I'm sure it will be very enjoyable, now if I can only stop procrastinating and sit myself down so I can watch it. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:43 am Reply with quote
This series is pretty much an Ode to Kendo. It's not a bad series by any means; I've already bought the first half of it.
giascle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:35 am Reply with quote
I saw the first episode and didn't like it. I've never heard if it gets better from there.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quote
giascle,

It's a pretty fun, and often funny series, IMO. It's not going to knock anyone's socks off, but I thought watching it was time well spent.
dawgstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:32 am Reply with quote
It's an awful lot of fun. A little like Azumanga Daioh, but with shinai. The dub's really great, too.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quote
I watched the first episode and was hooked upon finishing it. Now just saving cash so when Funi releases it in a box set at the end of the year or next year, or when the half box sets get uber cheap I will get it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I couldn't get episode 25 to load. -Had to go over to the Funimation site to watch it....
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Ah, crap, something went wrong in the upload. Ep26 is screwed up too. Sorry about that, I'll have it fixed later tonight.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:08 am Reply with quote
no problem. I thought you guys should know, that is why I posted. I figure you might get people watching after Erin reviews it and people go on winter break.

While there is a little bit of fanservice (very little, but enough that I noticed), I think this story has a lot of crossover potential. I think people who are not particularly its intended audience (like myself) will be pleasantly surprised. I know I found a lot to like about this one. I'm very curious to see what Erin thought when she reviews it in her upcoming column.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:06 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
While there is a little bit of fanservice (very little, but enough that I noticed)...

I thought it was commendable that the series managed to avoid using fanservice to the degree so greatly. The girls all go to a public bath; scene inside completely skipped and we see them all leaving. You might have noticed it at the time, but I can't remember any of it.

[EDIT: It was "skipped" because Funimation's release = TV broadcast version, not Japanese DVD version. ~Zalis]
DelShapton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:56 am Reply with quote
Dorcads_Aurelia wrote:
tuxeedocat wrote:
While there is a little bit https://deadliftdonkey.com/my-crazy-bulk-review info on the Crazy Bulk fanservice (very little, but enough that I noticed)...

I thought it was commendable that the series managed to avoid using fanservice to the degree so greatly. The girls all go to a public bath; scene inside completely skipped and we see them all leaving. You might have noticed it at the time, but I can't remember any of it.

I couldn't get the first video to load so had to start from episode 2 and have to say so far it's a very fun series. The dubbings pretty good too. Is there anywhere else i can see episode 1?
Alexanderjohn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:03 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first episode and was hooked upon finishing it. Now just saving cash so when Funi releases it in a box set at the end of the year or next year, or when the half box sets get uber cheap I will get it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I honestly will, I've been looking forward to this series for sometime. I'm sure it will be very enjoyable, now if I can only stop procrastinating and sit myself down so I can watch it.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:45 pm Reply with quote
@Alexanderjohn

The complete series was issued in a S.A.V.E. edition some time ago. It is currently available for $21 from RACS and a couple of dollars more from TRSI. I'm not sure how much cheaper you want it.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2