• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: In Search of the Lost Future BD+DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:20 pm Reply with quote
All I know about this show is the GIF of that one girl's blouse randomly changing colors.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I remember really liking this series but also being REALLY frustrated by it.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I watched Ushinawareta over the summer. I was aware of its source material, plus with it being 13 episodes, so my expectations weren't high. It met my expectations for what it was and I enjoyed it because of that. My one dislike was how it was going spoiler[Kaori x Sou] to spoiler[Yui x Sou]. I don't mess with that spoiler[NTR] thing, especially when the former is my favorite. Too dangerous. I'm glad the show corrected itself because I would have been livid.

Quote:
we're not sure why Sou is living in a detached garage at Kaori's house

That part made me laugh. To see him finish dinner, say good night, then walk outside.

Quote:
The fanservice is done fairly naturally, and everyone has uncensored nipples (perhaps a tribute to its eroge roots).

Kaori and Nagisa. Smile

Quote:
+ Some lovely backgrounds, Nagisa is an interesting character, ending theme is visually neat and the songs are catchy, strong concept…

I'm so glad you gave best girl(Kaori is tied for #1 as well) a positive. I'm ashamed to admit that when I watched the first episode, I actually overlooked her. She did not even get my attention. I usually spot best girls immediately when I see them. A few episodes later, it started it hit me that Nagisa is amazing. I wished I realized sooner so I could have enjoyed her more. I sinned. Crying or Very sad

Also, OP and ED(version 2) songs are great.
Lobokendo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:58 am Reply with quote
Lovely backgrounds, but how do they compare to ufotable or kyoani backgrounds?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:12 am Reply with quote
Lobokendo wrote:

There's one that I'd say is close - the river - but they aren't on the same level overall. So better than average, but not ufotable or kyoani matches.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Lobokendo wrote:

There are lots of anime with great background art. While I think ufotable and especially KyoAni produce much better animation than the average studio, great background art isn't really that rare, especially since its often outsourced to specialized companies. I could name quite a few recent shows with stunning backgrounds.
GarethXL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:46 pm Reply with quote
ughh this series was one of my most disappointed show as to how i loved the eroge and comic adaptation watched 3 ep and just forgoten about it. even with its beautiful visuals couldn't save it from it's mess of a screen play and directing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1