• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Heroic Legend of Arslan BD+DVD S1 P2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:59 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: Post content has been deleted because it was clearly intended for a different response thread. - Key]
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:46 pm Reply with quote
well that is interesting. Reynolds wasnt originally chosen to voice etoile? well whoever made the change is more or less made a right choice considering there isnt a lot of female american voice actresses that can do the transition of voicing a young 10-12 yr old male to a female of near the same age. the ones i know that can do that effortlessly was male flannigan who did naruto as well as laura bailey who is well known for voicing the younger version of trunks. (dont know why they replaced her for the kai & the new movies though)

though the real concern is the series itself. considering that dust storm dance only had 8 eps and with a half sided ending, the chances of the arslan series continuing on as an anime adaptation is more or less should be called into question since from the looks of things, and it really doesnt look good, its pretty much a given that fans of the series will have to read the manga to continue on with the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:36 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Reynolds did a great job as Etoile, so it definitely worked out well.

Agreed, I really liked this show so I really hope that they surprise and we can get a third season. I didn't expect it to come back when it did since the space only allowed 8 eps.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1