• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Granblue Fantasy Anime's 2nd Video Reveals Spring Delay, January Preview Special

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Shame tbh. Tho it'll be interesting to watch Bahamut's season 2 and this at the same time.

Also, will those be the official names? Cause i'm 100% sure they're wrong. Which is kinda aggravated by the fact that you got Siero's name right <.<

[Edit]:
Quote:
Cygames previously announced that the game will receive an English version, but the company has not yet released it.

...wut?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
BUMP OF CHICKEN performs the anime's theme song "Go!" as heard in the video above.

No. The song is "GO". There's no exclaimation point. And since I feel like really nitpicking, it should be it all caps too. The video itself shows this, but you can also see it here, it's track 1 from their most recent album. http://www.bumpofchicken.com/discography/?p=album&n=14a

Second, AksaraKishou is correct. You have the names wrong. You can see the official romanization for the names here: http://granbluefantasy.jp/en/theater/character.php I'll bold the corrections.

Yuuki Ono as Gran
Nao Tōyama as Lyria
Rie Kugimiya as Vyrn
Miyuki Sawashiro as Katalina
Hiroaki Hirata as Rackam
Yukari Tamura as Io
Rie Tanaka as Rosetta
Emiri Katō as Sierokarte
Tomokazu Sugita as Drang
Kanae Itō as Sturm

Also the english version HAS Been released... for a good while now. However, for what I assume is cross-over licensing reasons, it's not on available on GooglePlay for certain regions. It still works if you download it elsewhere or play via browser. You simply get an option to change the language. http://granbluefantasy.jp/en/download/ Website is even in english now.

Last edited by Kougeru on Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Cetais

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quote
This looks even more generic than I thought. I lost all interest in it.

... Also, it kinda looks like that cliche and shitty LN anime in Girlish Project, for some reasons.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:34 pm Reply with quote
@Cetais if they stick with the game's actual story, it's not super generic and is actually really good (especially for a smartphone game). It reminds me (no suprise given the staff) of the classic Final Fantasy games in regards to story. Heavy focus on "summons", if you're familiar with Final Fantasy at all. OST is done by Nobuo Uematsu (and a few other people) so it's pretty fantastic too. Overall, I don't think it looks awful visually lol. I hope the extra time lets them polish it more though. The voice cast alone is probably a massive part of the costs.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Also the english version HAS Been released... for a good while now. However, for what I assume is cross-over licensing reasons, it's not on available on GooglePlay for certain regions. It still works if you download it elsewhere or play via browser. You simply get an option to change the language. http://granbluefantasy.jp/en/download/ Website is even in english now.

Here's the link for the game. http://game.granbluefantasy.jp/ The reason most people don't play the game on their phones is because it's kinda ehhh. The game's like a browser game packed with a fancy skin.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:41 pm Reply with quote
The production for the show must be a disaster then, it does look pretty bad in the PV.
Fugaz-Star

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I thought I heard Rina Satou in the PV, may be wrong though Question
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Fugaz-Star wrote:
I thought I heard Rina Satou in the PV, may be wrong though Question

No idea but she voices one of the characters (Esser/Tien).
Shiiru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:38 am Reply with quote
Is Fujiwara Keiji coming back for this? He's listed on MAL but haven't seen an announcement about it
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:47 am Reply with quote
Shiiru wrote:
Is Fujiwara Keiji coming back for this? He's listed on MAL but haven't seen an announcement about it

It's speculated that one of the reasons for the delay is cause he's sick.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1