• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - Super Lovers 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:29 pm Reply with quote
{Edit}:Pointless flamebait comment removed ~ Psycho 101
TaylahAlterleo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
{Edit}:Pointless flamebait comment removed ~ Psycho 101

Someone must have complained about how creepy the general conceit of the anime is.

Grooming aside, the general quality of the first season was quite terrible and I can't say I'm happy this got a second season....or that the anime really needed to exist over other publications...or that this is softcore Boku no superlovers.....mmmh...

What was i going on about?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Actually someone made a completely unnecessary and rude bait post that served only to rile up fans for no reason other than to stir up crap. Your post is skating that line itself and smells of troll. You got anything of actual merit to add?
CritiqueIsHealthy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Actually someone made a completely unnecessary and rude bait post that served only to rile up fans for no reason other than to stir up crap. Your post is skating that line itself and smells of troll. You got anything of actual merit to add?

Tons of flame about Loli, Incest, Yuri, Rape, etc on this site goes unnoticed, and a single comment over BL shota softcore fap material hate riles you up? Is that what mods do on this site?

The first series of this show is legitimately boys love shotocon material with awkward creepy overtones interlaced into otherwise sweet and heartwarming scenarios, 1/10 for originality, 3/10 for plot, but 6/10 for artwork. Just like people enjoy Kodomo No Jikan for it's "plot", some people will indulge in this and mask their fetish (which no one is judging) with some bs about "plot". The show has no plot beyond awkward light Fujoshi Lolicon fanservice, which it does very well. It starts off with a "decent" story of a young abused boy coming out of his shell and gets IMMEDIATELY thrown on it's head when the GROWN MAN trying to coax the small abused boy out of his shell calls him cute, kisses him on the lips, and then invites him into his bed. The scenes of "GLEAM SHIMMER BL FILTER" on what would be seemingly innocent situations really speaks to the depths it goes to to enforce it's shotacon boy's love references.

There shouldn't be any flaming anywhere, but in a situation where only speculative opinions are able to be given, there really isn't any need to censor too much. Please take your silly defensive bias elsewhere and let the critics critique.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:44 pm Reply with quote
CritiqueIsHealthy wrote:

Tons of flame about Loli, Incest, Yuri, Rape, etc on this site goes unnoticed, and a single comment over BL shota softcore fap material hate riles you up? Is that what mods do on this site?

1. We can only moderate what we see or what is reported. We're not all seeing like Sauron and his mighty eye. We say time and time and time again if you see something as a user that in some ways violates the rules, or at least the spirit of the rules, then please report it. If 5 others don't get reported but this did guess which one is going to be dealt with?
2. This is hardly riled up. I'd have to care first about the topic to get riled up. I responded to a report and edited a post. Then someone else decides to come in and pick at that edit with their borderline troll post that is at the very least completely off topic and adds nothing in terms of conversation on the topic itself.
3. Your post is also close to also being OT and not adding anything of value to the actual topic. As is your handle which is rather conspicuous given you just signed up and chose this thread and manner to make your first post. So far in this thread there are really only either over the top rude comments, off topic responses, and my own responses to those posts. Not one post actually discussing the topic itself of Super Lovers having another season.
4. Last but not least what we mods do here is enforce the rules. If someone, like the OP, posts a complete flame bait post/comment(s) and we see it/it gets reported then we moderate it. End of story. Regardless of what our own personal opinions may be of that show or topic. I personally think Super Lovers is complete garbage but one person's garbage is another person's treasure. It's our job to ensure they can discuss that treasure without being unduly insulted or antagonized by people.

Now since this is all utterly OT let's end this little line of discussion and from here on the only posts needed in here are posts actually discussing the topic itself. Thank you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1