• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals English Dub Cast For ACCA Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:31 am Reply with quote
Nice looking cast, but too bad about the scriptwriter... Sad
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:54 am Reply with quote
I will be watching the dub starting tomorrow. Considering that Alexis Tipton is probably my fave Funi VA (tied with Cherami and Monica), this is reason alone to watch it.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:04 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:

I know what you mean, but he actually did a pretty good job with the scripts for 91 Days last season. If he does here what he did for that dub, then it should be fine. Hopefully.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:30 am Reply with quote
pretty lacklustre cast.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:46 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:

I wouldn't think so. It looks like a very European-style show, and Tatum excels in those.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:30 am Reply with quote
They better release this at a good price. the Japanese blurays list that they have ENG subs, but of course JP prices are really really high.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I definitely wasn't expecting ACCA to even get a dub. Very surprising. Most anime fans nowadays would prefer fast-pace action over the type of genre that is ACCA. A dub is just what I need, though.

What I don't understand is the weird negativity regrading J. Michael Tatum abilities as a scriptwriter. Confused
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
I definitely wasn't expecting ACCA to even get a dub. Very surprising. Most anime fans nowadays would prefer fast-pace action over the type of genre that is ACCA. A dub is just what I need, though.

What I don't understand is the weird negativity regrading J. Michael Tatum abilities as a scriptwriter. Confused

People think he always embellishes his screenwriting to give off a very "classical" flare that changes the words too much for people's liking, and some even accuse him of trying to force the fact that he is gay by using such an "effeminate" style (or that he's still got Okabe stuck in his brain). For example, everyone got really pissed with his Free Eternal Summer dub, claiming it was too comedic, while people criticize his Attack on Titan script because it isn't 100% accurate.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:

People think he always embellishes his screenwriting to give off a very "classical" flare that changes the words too much for people's liking, and some even accuse him of trying to force the fact that he is gay by using such an "effeminate" style (or that he's still got Okabe stuck in his brain). For example, everyone got really pissed with his Free Eternal Summer dub, claiming it was too comedic, while people criticize his Attack on Titan script because it isn't 100% accurate.

Tatum's gay??? Shocked

I did not know this.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

People think he always embellishes his screenwriting to give off a very "classical" flare that changes the words too much for people's liking,

that's exactly what he does, or he loads the script with a massive amount of memes and references. sometimes both
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Gemnist wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:

Tatum's gay??? Shocked

I did not know this.

I'm not 100% on this but I believe his partner does some voice work for Funi as well.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:22 pm Reply with quote
This looks like a very typical looking Bevins dub cast where the casting is to much of the been there seen that already type of thing. Well at the very least its nice to see Philip Weber is getting some more voice work last year didn't provide much stable work for him in the field.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1