• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 of Anime's Most Daring Getaway Drivers

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:34 am Reply with quote
Phew, managed to finally pick the five(after a 'short' trip to anichart...). Is it just me or are there a LOT of shows the coming season?...

Also, it might be a bit early, but I'm placing my bets on Re:CREATORS picking up the torch from Hand Shakers...
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:37 am Reply with quote
it was a pretty giveaway and speed was gonna be in the list as well as initial d, but haruka? even though she had a crapload of cars that would make the average joe jealous , i hardly doubt she was a massive speed freak like the street racers from initial d or the infamous bandit bean since she tends to spend more time with michiru than with her toys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Y'know, I clicked on the thread just expecting that someone would mention Lupin and/or Jigen driving up and down cliff walls in "Castle of Cagliostro"?
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping to see Togusa from Ghost in the Shell on the list, but I guess he doesn't count because as a police officer, for the most part, he's the one doing the chasing rather than the escaping. At the end of Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig, however, his mad driving skills spoiler[allow him to escape from the corrupt cops who were hunting down the Section 9 members, and he was the only one to get away unscathed and live peacefully with his family.]
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Of course there would be a lack of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:41 pm Reply with quote
It's curious Lupin isn't on this list.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Phew, managed to finally pick the five(after a 'short' trip to anichart...). Is it just me or are there a LOT of shows the coming season?...

Also, it might be a bit early, but I'm placing my bets on Re:CREATORS picking up the torch from Hand Shakers...

Maybe he'll get back to black lagoon if it bombs. I'm personally hoping it's gonna be good tho.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see Haruka on this list, her being a cool runner and driver with fast speeds, be it on motorcycle and a car, even if the latter is also in an arcade game is one of the reason she's one of the best anime characters, and LOL at that ostrich thing (and interestingly Usagi of all characters was able to drive a speedboat) Laughing

Wasn't expecting her to show up.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:59 pm Reply with quote
On the new poll, I imagine that Attack on Titan S2 will be at the top of many people's lists for most anticipated Spring titles. It was my top title as well before silly me realized (a couple of weeks ago) that Sakura Quest is a P.A. Works original that to me has Shirobako vibes; I hope it is a well done and enjoyable title.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:03 pm Reply with quote
No Straight Cougar? List invalid. Razz
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Hero Academia 2, Danmachi Sword Oratorio, Tsugumomo, and Rokudenashi are my anticipated titles. Hopefully Tsugumomo goes far enough to get to the really good stuff and isn't a mediocre 12-episode pabulum.
TheJaceX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Did I miss something or did they just not put kekkai sensen s2 on the list?
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:52 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
On the new poll, I imagine that Attack on Titan S2 will be at the top of many people's lists for most anticipated Spring titles.

I had that checked when I got to it because I'm sure that I will both watch and enjoy it. However, I don't think it will really go beyond just enjoying it, and I ended up unchecking it because my anticipation just isn't quite there compared to the potential of some of the other series that I came across going down the list.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I do like the inclusion of Rin from the much under-rated Rideback. I was sure the Gunsmith Cats' Irene or Kaneda from Akira would make it on this list for owning two of anime's most iconic super-charged vehicles, though. Redline's main character also got the shaft here.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:40 pm Reply with quote
What about the driver from Black Lagoon who is always high. He's hilarious.

KH91 wrote:
Of course there would be a lack of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.

I don't remember any getaway driver in 5D's. Maybe some helicopters, but those characters are unnamed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2