• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How about an 'Order to watch [Series] in' link on multi-series stories?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinscewind

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:01 pm Reply with quote
How about an 'Order to watch [Series] in' link on multi-series stories? I usually have to search for quite awhile before able to sort out when extras, OVAs, in-seriers movies, etc fit into time lines of multi-series stories.

When it comes to series like Naruto, I'm still confused as to when to watch a few of the extras, as for someone not having watched through it before its difficult at best to pin down when 'filler arcs' begin and end, and that's usually not reliable as a logical break between arcs in which would best fit side stories.

Ghost in the Shell - questions about the order to watch still asked now and again, almost never seen a reliably definitive answer such as 'Basically 2 worlds created by misc authors when it comes to the animated stories - the initial movie came first, which was given a sequal considerably later on which forwards that version of the GitS world - the Stand Alone series and related movies are something of a re-working of the same world ... summary: best to watch 1st movie then 2nd movie, THEN move to Stand Alone where simply need to watch based on original release dates' ...

Gundam as a franchise has so many bits and pieces of information to do with why the whole of said universe is storied the way it is in so many unrelated series, let alone why some of the individual series are as confusing as they've ended up.

... just a thought so as to make it easier for those who would desire a better understanding about keeping stories in line with side stories ...
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:59 pm Reply with quote
The problem with this, is that it is, for the most part, subjective. There have been articles for some franchises, but, even then, it's just the author's opinion.

I mean, even simpler series like Fate... there have been so many discussions on whether to watch Fate/Zero or Fate/Unlimited Blade Works (the TV series) first, and those two are directly related to each other in a single timeline!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1