• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Encyclopedia] Cannot add profile photos

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm currently getting "No information submitted" when trying to upload photos. As far as I can tell I'm not doing anything different to usual. Currently running Chrome 56.0.2924.87, I haven't tried changing browser yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Fsck.
I just upgraded the version of php on daru, and it looks like there are still backward incompatibilities to iron out. I'll switch you guys back to mayu until I can fix this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:10 am Reply with quote
Ok, this should be fixed. But there *might* be other related bugs lurking... :-/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:02 am Reply with quote
There was a point yesterday when it wouldn't accept the radio button choice between two people with the same name, but I went back a step and it worked.
Like an idiot I didn't make a note of the people whose pictures I was trying to add...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Ok, this should be fixed. But there *might* be other related bugs lurking... :-/

I think I may have found one. I'm trying add a company (via drop-down as this is a blank new entry so there are no pluses to click on) and it all looks normal, but every time it turns up as "other information" instead.

Ah, right, this is admin server only, and the URL it generates is different:

www: animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime-addcredits.php?anime_id=19418&type=company
admin: animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/addinfo.php?infotype_id=-3&anime_id=19418

Now I have one credit added the plus button is there, and the URL that generates is the same on both the admin and www servers, so this only affects the drop-down.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:07 am Reply with quote
Yep, that was a related bug. Thanks for the report, it's now fixed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1