• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shun Numa's Samon the Summoner Manga Ends on Monday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:06 am Reply with quote
This had a really good run all things considered.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:15 am Reply with quote
It's chopping season in WSJ it seems. I guess 10 volumes isn't too bad given how cutthroat survival in that magazine has become. Wonder how many more series will get axed, I haven't been following the rankings. And maybe I should get around checking out Promised Neverland since it seems to be making huge waves
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:24 am Reply with quote
Axe-kun should be going after Demon Prince Poro's Diaries and U19 next, hell they should have been hit before this.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:33 am Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
Axe-kun should be going after Demon Prince Poro's Diaries and U19 next, hell they should have been hit before this.

Yeah, those 2 are pretty much dead.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:15 am Reply with quote
I just started this 3 days ago and nows it's ending. oh well it gave em a good laugh.
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:56 pm Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I love Samon-kun............
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Eh I like it but the promise it had fell by the way side. At first I thought Samon would basically troll people and act like an idiot but always come out on top, but it quickly devolved to him really being just an idiot and usually ending on the end of a beating with no real rationale behind it. I thought he had some big goal, but he is kind of content to being an idiot and gets his comeuppance in the end.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:29 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:

Yeah, those 2 are pretty much dead.

U19 had a promising premise, but it didn't do much with it besides provide reason the main characters are fighting, though it was still at least less derivative than Demon's Plan. Prince Poro's Demon Diary, on the other hand, strayed too close to the "comedy about an overpowered character trying to live a normal life" formula ONE is currently making big waves with.

CrownKlown wrote:
Eh I like it but the promise it had fell by the way side. At first I thought Samon would basically troll people and act like an idiot but always come out on top, but it quickly devolved to him really being just an idiot and usually ending on the end of a beating with no real rationale behind it. I thought he had some big goal, but he is kind of content to being an idiot and gets his comeuppance in the end.

I remember when it showed up in Viz's Jump Start!, I didn't really want it to be in their Shonen Jump because Samon was such an unlikable protagonist, especially how bent he was in trying to frustrate and annoy the girl into doing something bad. Some others have pointed out that, when you consider the fact that Samon finds a good, purehearted girl and dedicates himself to corrupting her into naughtiness, it sounds a lot like a hentai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1