• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Feb 26-Mar 4 [2018-03-08]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarFan13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Woah! Clear Card Jumped to #7
Coup d'État

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:45 am Reply with quote
StarFan13 wrote:

I don't get it, though. As much as I love CCS, Clear Card is just "more of the same" to me, and not in a good way. Why do people love it at all? There's nothing new. No new ideas. The animation isn't anything to write home about. It's a watchable show, but why would people care about it?
I don't get it.
MF65

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:01 am Reply with quote
Can someone please explain to me how the rankings actually work? I can sorta understand the concept behind the cumulative ranking, but aren't the shows supposed to go up and down in the weekly ranking according to that week's rating? Then how come a show with a 3.7 score is placing higher than shows with 4 and above? How did Gakuen babysitters, for example, tumble down on the rankings when the latest episode has a higher rating than the previous one, and it actually has the same score or higher than four out of five shows in the top 5? It doesn't make sense, tbh...
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:16 am Reply with quote
You know, whenever I have too much hope, I just look at Black Clover being ranked higher than Pop Team Epic to remind me all is lost.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crext

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:37 am Reply with quote
MF65 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me how the rankings actually work? I can sorta understand the concept behind the cumulative ranking, but aren't the shows supposed to go up and down in the weekly ranking according to that week's rating? Then how come a show with a 3.7 score is placing higher than shows with 4 and above? How did Gakuen babysitters, for example, tumble down on the rankings when the latest episode has a higher rating than the previous one, and it actually has the same score or higher than four out of five shows in the top 5? It doesn't make sense, tbh...

Basically it is because the people that watched both Gakuen babysitters AND "that other show" all mostly ranked "that show" higher than Gakuen babysitters.

For example, if you have 10 people that all give Gakuen a 4 stars only watch that show, while 10 guys watch "that show" only and give it a 3,5 stars, it doesn't really say anything about how those shows ranked comparatively, and possible only that the 20 people involved maybe score higher scores on average etc. However, if you had another 10 people that rate Gakuen 3,5 stars and "that show" 4 stars, then comparatively "that show" comes out on top of all the people that watched both, but on average it gets a lower score still.
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Too bad Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens didn't qualify. I'd put it third behind 3-gatsu no Lion and A Place Further than the Universe.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:57 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
You know, whenever I have too much hope, I just look at Black Clover being ranked higher than Pop Team Epic to remind me all is lost.

The purest evidence that this is a doomed worldline we live in.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Coup d'État wrote:
StarFan13 wrote:

I don't get it, though. As much as I love CCS, Clear Card is just "more of the same" to me, and not in a good way. Why do people love it at all? There's nothing new. No new ideas. The animation isn't anything to write home about. It's a watchable show, but why would people care about it?
I don't get it.

i'm one of the people that loved CCS: CC at all, after all it's a good anime in 2010s
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:31 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:

Black Clover is pretty great though, so you don't need to lose hope. People hating on stuff they don't care for should though. Pretty sad community we live in sometimes.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:16 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
CatSword wrote:

Black Clover is pretty great though, so you don't need to lose hope. People hating on stuff they don't care for should though. Pretty sad community we live in sometimes.

No they should lose hope. Any time when mediocrity succeeds is a lose for us all.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:

No they should lose hope. Any time when mediocrity succeeds is a lose for us all.

Talk about being overly dramatic lol. The Black Clover anti-fans will forever be something special.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1