• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animator: Yowamushi Pedal Anime Gets 4th Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:22 am Reply with quote
It better get a fourth season, because it sure isn't going to finish the race, let alone the Inter-High in one episode.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:20 am Reply with quote
I fully expected this, kind of thought it was going to be like the first season and do a teaser at the end of the season tho(Still possible).I hope its able too drop in winter 2018 at the earliest.

Last edited by Nekelen Tinsley on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
perroloco

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:21 am Reply with quote
It was obviously going to get a 4th season, no way in hell they were going to stop the anime in the middle of the 2nd year interhigh..

The question was always when it would air, not if, the production comitte wouldn't have comitted (Pun intended) to make a third season without completing at least the 2nd year arc.

I'm guessing it will air in January 2018 until June 2018, I think 26 episodes would be enough to cover what's left of the Interhigh?? I wouldn't know because I haven't watched the show since the 2nd year interhigh started.. If day 1 already finished then I think 26 episodes would be enough, if it hasn't then it might need 39 episodes (3 cours)?

And then hopefully we will get another seasons covering the third year Smile
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:04 am Reply with quote
At this point it feels like they could make another 100 inter-high episodes, considering the slow pacing and insane amount of internal thoughts and flashbacks. It's no news that races in YowaPeda stretch like chewing gum, though, and I guess fans don't particularly dislike that.

Is the manga equally slow-paced?
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:52 am Reply with quote
Blackiris_ wrote:
Is the manga equally slow-paced?

A co-worker who is reading the manga mentioned that this Inter High is still ongoing right now in the manga, so I think the answer is "yes." Not sure up to what volume the current episodes cover, but the latest manga volume released just this month is 51.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:31 pm Reply with quote
The current season is stopping somewhere in the beginning of volume 39, so I think there's enough material for two more anime cours already. However, I'm hoping the second inter-high arc will be over in the manga by the time the fourth season premieres, because otherwise it will end as inconclusively as the third one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1