• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Reveals English Dub Cast for Terraformars Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Is this both seasons or just season 1? Season 2 sucked and removed the main reason to watch the show.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:38 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
Season 2 sucked and removed the main reason to watch the show.

the hilarious censors?
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:44 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
64BitRatchet wrote:
Season 2 sucked and removed the main reason to watch the show.

the hilarious censors?

No, the over the top violence if you watch the uncensored version.
AnthonyC8

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:46 pm Reply with quote
What?! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's about damn time, Viz!
Marakutanay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I like Chris Niosi and Erica Lindbeck in a Studiopolis dub, god knows they love to stick to their Naruto pool in pretty much every project, which will be an issue with the upcoming Boruto anime.
ZeArNkN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Marakutanay wrote:
I like Chris Niosi and Erica Lindbeck in a Studiopolis dub, god knows they love to stick to their Naruto pool in pretty much every project, which will be an issue with the upcoming Boruto anime.

There are still over 100 episodes left to be released in the Shippuden dub, so unless they start dubbing Boruto before finishing Shippuden it'll be a while before we get to that point.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I like the diversity in Cherami's expanding resume. In this series, her character is an A-cup. However, the character that is likely most associated with her, Lucy Hearfilia, is at least a D-cup.
hinugundam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I m gonna just stick with the manga.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Nice one Viz. It only took you 3 long years to make this dub happen. I suppose this means you are dubbing Sailor Moon Sailor Stars until 2030.
D00dleB0Y

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:20 pm Reply with quote
why do so many voice actors voicing multiple characters? Viz Media's talent pool is that small?
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I like the diversity in Cherami's expanding resume. In this series, her character is an A-cup. However, the character that is likely most associated with her, Lucy Hearfilia, is at least a D-cup.

Is that really important information?
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Well this came out of nowhere. I had almost given up hope thinking that funimation and crunchyroll would release it on blu ray with a Dub. Now i know why they didn't. Hopefully this can make it to Toonami.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

...never change, Kadmos.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:28 pm Reply with quote
D00dleB0Y wrote:
why do so many voice actors voicing multiple characters? Viz Media's talent pool is that small?

Like AoA, they don't have a dub studio and have to hire one for their anime. It's purely a location problem: Viz, like Crunchyroll, is headquartered in San Francisco, but all the dub studios in the state are in Los Angeles. As for the repeat castings... you would have to ask the dub studio, Studiopolis, itself.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
D00dleB0Y wrote:

Like AoA, they don't have a dub studio and have to hire one for their anime. It's purely a location problem: Viz, like Crunchyroll, is headquartered in San Francisco, but all the dub studios in the state are in Los Angeles. As for the repeat castings... you would have to ask the dub studio, Studiopolis, itself.

Let's not forget, Bang Zoom! since they also tend to repeat their castings in their dubs depending of the licensing client (AoA, Viz Media). Despite the multiple castings I am glad that Viz send it to Studiopolis this time since they have been repeatedy been using Bang Zoom! for the last 3 years.

And keep in mind Bang Zoom! and Studiopolis are very different from one another when it come to the actors they use in their dubs. Studiopolis primarily uses experience veteran talent in their dubs, whereas Bang Zoom! since 2011 primarily uses actors from the AX Idol competitions and workshops (those that have just started getting their feet wet) along with the veteran voice talent that have worked at Bang Zoom! for a while (e.g. Patrick Seitz, Karen Strassman, Michelle Ruff, Stephanie Sheh, Mela Lee, Cristina Vee etc...).

At the same time, the actors they use in the respective recording studios (Bang Zoom!, Studiopolis) is very complicated, as it usually will depend MAINLY on the production team themselves on which actor/actresses they are familiar with and which they can afford in their dubs.

You get the actors that have work both at Bang Zoom! & Studiopolis (e.g. Patrick Seitz, Johnny Yong Bosch, Michelle Ruff, Stephanie Sheh, Matthew Mercer, Kirk Thornton, Cristina Vee etc...). But you also get the actors that ONLY primarily work at Studiopolis (e.g. Laura Bailey, Travis Willingham, JB Blanc, Kate Higgins, Cindy Robinson, Wally Wingert, Neil Kaplan, Peter Lurie, Michael Sinterniklaas, Erin Fitzgerald, Tara Platt) and those that ONLY primarily work at Bang Zoom! (Tony Oliver, Karen Strassman, Mela Lee, David Vincent, Joe J. Thomas, Julie Ann Taylor). So personally it is complicate with what actors they use for their studio, but frankly it is mainly based on scheduling, availability on the actors/actress and the Studio/production team being familiar with the actors/actresses they hire, along with the studio the actor/actress prefers working at.

Last edited by DisneyXAnimefan95 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2