• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: One Piece: Heart of Gold BD+DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xeogran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:42 am Reply with quote
I LOVED Heart of Gold! It's my favourite One Piece adventure since ages. Thank you for taking your time to review it!

First of all, it brought all of the Straw Hats together, and all of them got a nice role and spotlight to themselves.

Secondly, Myskina Olga was very fun! At first I didn't expect to like her that much, but after the movie ended, I was pleasantly surprised with her being an enjoyable, diverse character throughout the whole story. She was useful, had experience and felt relevant. Also her design was great too! it was fairly simple, but pleasant to the eye.

I believe that Heart of Gold, honestly, is an OVA that One Piece fans should see. For the short time it lasted, it was more enjoyable than the Whole Cake Island arc currently is. Combine it with Film Gold, and you get an absolutely solid experience too.

Also just a personal thing, but I think the Music deserves an A for well, actually playing a part in the plot. The moment when Brook had to play Olga's song felt.. touching. Anime cry

All in all, it was a fun adventure. Just exactly what I am a fan of One Piece for.
Nadare Xizos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I thought "Heart of Gold" was okay. There was nothing particularly special about it, but it fit the bill as a prequel to the "Gold" film. The way the female members of the Straw Hat crew were treated sort of grated on my last nerve. I did enjoy the adventurous story though, it had an "Indiana Jones" feel to it. Olga was great as a side character and stole the show a few times. I would love it if FUNimation released more of the TV specials, there are so many good ones.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1