• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Grand Order Game's English Version Reaches 1 Million Downloads

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:05 am Reply with quote
And it's still not available in Australia.
RavenDaRogue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:18 am Reply with quote
You can still play it. Just use QooApp or something. I'm from Poland and i have no problems at all. I just don't see it in my app store/ google play
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:51 am Reply with quote
RavenDaRogue wrote:
You can still play it. Just use QooApp or something. I'm from Poland and i have no problems at all. I just don't see it in my app store/ google play

APKPure is better for that imo. Also I didn't expect another Polish FGO player here.

Witam rodaka ;D
Crext

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:21 am Reply with quote
Ye, I downloaded it too, though I'm in Europe, it's so easy, just Pokemon Go all over again.
Anyways, the game is actually poorly designed. I had to quit it after a couple of chapters because I didn't get a single character I felt like leveling up. You are then stuck in a circle of not getting the feeling that you're progressing, and when the (very) hard earned rolls actually might not even get you a decent servant, then that's very demoralizing.

Fire Emblem Heroes did things right game wise, you get good characters at different levels, and can even level up the most horrible starting point to 5 star elite if you spend enough time and effort on it. I only wish they added some sort of cosmetic mini transaction as I am more than willing to spend cash on stuff I know I get, instead of on /random 100 lottery tickets. I guess I give them some cash through figurine purchases, though that probably doesn't really benefit the producers of the games directly.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Crext wrote:
Ye, I downloaded it too, though I'm in Europe, it's so easy, just Pokemon Go all over again.
Anyways, the game is actually poorly designed. I had to quit it after a couple of chapters because I didn't get a single character I felt like leveling up. You are then stuck in a circle of not getting the feeling that you're progressing, and when the (very) hard earned rolls actually might not even get you a decent servant, then that's very demoralizing.

Fire Emblem Heroes did things right game wise, you get good characters at different levels, and can even level up the most horrible starting point to 5 star elite if you spend enough time and effort on it. I only wish they added some sort of cosmetic mini transaction as I am more than willing to spend cash on stuff I know I get, instead of on /random 100 lottery tickets. I guess I give them some cash through figurine purchases, though that probably doesn't really benefit the producers of the games directly.

If you started near release, you had the option to reroll to pull any servant in the game you wanted because they gave you 30 SQ for free. Unfortunately, you can now only really reroll your starter servant which can't be a SSR. The rates are god awful, but at least you don't have to deal with IVs and random skills.

That said, lower rarity servants in FGO are viable. You do need to use Grails which are a pretty limited resource, but you can get a 1-3* servant up to 90 and they will be viable. The stats will still be a bit lower than higher rarity servants, but it is kind of made up for because you can get their super to level 5 where as unless you drop loads of real money, you likely will only have level 1 supers on SR and SSR servants.
Ragdollomega

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:15 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
That said, lower rarity servants in FGO are viable. You do need to use Grails which are a pretty limited resource, but you can get a 1-3* servant up to 90 and they will be viable. The stats will still be a bit lower than higher rarity servants, but it is kind of made up for because you can get their super to level 5 where as unless you drop loads of real money, you likely will only have level 1 supers on SR and SSR servants.

You don't even need to grail some of the lower star servants depending on the role you have them play, like my Ushiwakamaru works just fine as a team buffer and semi-star generator at her non-grailed cap so I can use grails on servants that I want dealing damage.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:09 am Reply with quote
Ragdollomega wrote:
You don't even need to grail some of the lower star servants depending on the role you have them play, like my Ushiwakamaru works just fine as a team buffer and semi-star generator at her non-grailed cap so I can use grails on servants that I want dealing damage.

Yeah there are 3*s that are fine without a grail. Actually an NP5 level 70 Ushi should even do pretty respectable damage for quite a while in addition to support (she is my rider atm on the US version). Once you get to 2* though even as support it can be rough because they just don't have the hp. That isn't much of an issue right now in the US version either as the content isn't really intended for 80+ servants. There will be recommended level 80 and 90 quests though, and a lower level, low star support is going to die very fast.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:59 am Reply with quote
I was going to try out the game out, but then when I tried to play it, I found out that it won't run on a rooted phone, which makes it totally unplayable for me. Too much requires rooting your device for it to make any sense not to root it IMHO. And I have no idea why they'd care if my phone is rooted. Regardless, it sucks. It probably saves me money this way though. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1