• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Etrian Odyssey Game in Development for 3DS

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calico

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, this was completely unexpected. Everyone thought that EO V was the last of the 3ds games for sure. I wonder if it'll be EO VI, a remake of the third game, or something else entirely. Whatever it is, though, I'll probably be up for it.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Calico wrote:
Well, this was completely unexpected. Everyone thought that EO V was the last of the 3ds games for sure. I wonder if it'll be EO VI, a remake of the third game, or something else entirely. Whatever it is, though, I'll probably be up for it.

As much as I disliked a lot of the added mechanics of Untold 1 (mostly that game's version of the grimoire system), I absolutely loved Untold 2, so I'm not opposed to a remake of the third game... although I still feel as though it still holds up pretty well, and is the strongest of the pre-3DS titles.
DRWii

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Please be Untold 3. It's probably some new spin-off, but I can hope.

Quote:
He went on to say that the new work will be the "last to use the bottom screen on the Nintendo 3DS to draw the map."

So now we get to see if the series can effectively adapt to Switch. Hopefully they don't just get rid of mapping altogether.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:12 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
Quote:
He went on to say that the new work will be the "last to use the bottom screen on the Nintendo 3DS to draw the map."

So now we get to see if the series can effectively adapt to Switch. Hopefully they don't just get rid of mapping altogether.

I doubt they'll get rid of what makes the game what it is.

Also, people apparently say that Untold 1 is the worst, yet I'm loving it as my first game. if that's the case, I can't wait to see what's in store for 2.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quote
They will remake 3 to close the loop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
moogrin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I also hope for an Untold 3. Untold 1 was my first game in the series and having played the rest of the 3DS offerings now I was hoping I'd get a remake for that one too. I know I could play the original but I prefer the 3DS graphics and extra features.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1