• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Namie Amuro Performs Theme Song for One Piece 1-Hour Special

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manapear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Legit~. I haven't listened to Amuro lately and didn't even realize she did an OP before.
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:55 am Reply with quote
So this is One Piece' first double episode? (aside from the Toriko crossover specials)

I really enjoyed the double episodes for Naruto and Bleach also had a few of them (mainly in the first 100 episodes). Detective Conan did them regulary (although they count as one long episode instead of multiple episodes) until around episode 520 when they became rare.

Would be cool if more anime could get extra long special broadcasts for important events in the story.
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:01 am Reply with quote
Narutofreak1412 wrote:
So this is One Piece' first double episode? (aside from the Toriko crossover specials)

I really enjoyed the double episodes for Naruto and Bleach also had a few of them (mainly in the first 100 episodes). Detective Conan did them regulary (although they count as one long episode instead of multiple episodes) until around episode 520 when they became rare.

Would be cool if more anime could get extra long special broadcasts for important events in the story.

It's not the first time, there were some double episodes back during the Enies Lobby arc... but then that was a very long time ago, and I don't think we've gotten any more since then.

What I'm wondering is if this song will just be for this double-episode or not... Personally I wouldn't be at all opposed to this being the next opening, seeing how Fight Together was in my opinion the best opening the show has ever had.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Lord Starfish wrote:
Narutofreak1412 wrote:

It's not the first time, there were some double episodes back during the Enies Lobby arc... but then that was a very long time ago, and I don't think we've gotten any more since then.

What I'm wondering is if this song will just be for this double-episode or not... Personally I wouldn't be at all opposed to this being the next opening, seeing how Fight Together was in my opinion the best opening the show has ever had.

I hope that's the case.
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:28 am Reply with quote
TdFern 87 wrote:
Lord Starfish wrote:
Narutofreak1412 wrote:

I hope that's the case.

According to people on a certain One Piece fan forum that I probably shouldn't mention by name due to their non-existant rules against piracy, it is in fact going to be the new opening.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1