• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Game to Get English Dub

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping it wouldn't

They'll probably still make it so my opponent's voice is their own setting and I'll be forced to listen to abysmal English voices when playing online
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:04 pm Reply with quote
YES YES YES YES YES YES
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Good, now if only ASW would go back and have Blazblue: Central Fiction be dubbed.
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised they're not charging extra for it.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:05 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:
I was hoping it wouldn't

They'll probably still make it so my opponent's voice is their own setting and I'll be forced to listen to abysmal English voices when playing online

Better that it is. P4 English Voices > Japanese voices.
Morgan B.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
MarthKoopa wrote:
I was hoping it wouldn't

Better that it is. P4 English Voices > Japanese voices.

And ain’t that the tea. You tell ‘em. Very Happy
Kurohei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:51 pm Reply with quote
After Central Fiction I thought I'd never get to hear Ranga as Seitz again. I was planning on getting this game in Japanese anyways because I was pretty sure it would Japanese only, but hey, this is very cool an surprising news. I read that this is a new branch of Arc System works, so hopefully, their first work goes over well. I'm also curious who'd voice the Under Night In-Birth characters.

Also, why is it online fighting games have English versus Japanese? Kinda a weird feature. I play them in both languages so It's no biggy to me. [/i]
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Finally! I thought this'd be a shoe-in to get an English dub considering that BlazBlue and Persona have traditionally been given some pretty high-quality English dubs, and I remember hearing about how frustrated Patrick Seitz was that he didn't get to voice Ragna again.

I wonder if this game being at EVO was the impetus needed for Arc System Works to decide a dub will be worth the extra cost, or if they released it before they got all their ducks in a row to get it out in time for EVO. Or if EVO had nothing to do with it at all. (Either way, releasing the English dub later like this makes me quite suspicious they were rushing that department to some extent.)

Kurohei wrote:
Also, why is it online fighting games have English versus Japanese? Kinda a weird feature. I play them in both languages so It's no biggy to me. [/i]

What do you mean "English versus Japanese"? Do you mean there are fans on both sides who go to war with each other, or do you mean some characters who speak English and some who speak Japanese?

MarthKoopa wrote:
I was hoping it wouldn't

If you hate the English voices that much, it wouldn't make sense for you to already be playing this game considering the RWBY characters are already in English with no Japanese option. And, of course, if you find so many opponents using English voices, then it means they prefer it that way.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:15 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

MarthKoopa wrote:
I was hoping it wouldn't

If you hate the English voices that much, it wouldn't make sense for you to already be playing this game considering the RWBY characters are already in English with no Japanese option. And, of course, if you find so many opponents using English voices, then it means they prefer it that way.

RWBY does had a Japanese dub actually, it was quite popular and aired on TV i believe.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
RWBY does had a Japanese dub actually, it was quite popular and aired on TV i believe.

Oh, in the game too? I remember the trailer had Ruby speaking in English while everyone else was in Japanese.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:19 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

Kurohei wrote:

What do you mean "English versus Japanese"? Do you mean there are fans on both sides who go to war with each other, or do you mean some characters who speak English and some who speak Japanese?

I don't know about all fighter games, but with Blazblue, if I'm playing an online battle with English audio on, and the other fighter has the Japanese audio on, it will have one character speaking English, and the Other Japanese.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
I don't know about all fighter games, but with Blazblue, if I'm playing an online battle with English audio on, and the other fighter has the Japanese audio on, it will have one character speaking English, and the Other Japanese.

Ah, that. It's the case with MvC3/UMvC3 too, which was the first game I played where I noticed that. (The Naruto Storm games don't, however: Whichever language you have it set to is the language that all characters will speak in, though I think I have played at least one game where that was an exception.)

I am honestly not sure what the logic of it is, really. I can see the logic in how MvC3/UMvC3 actually lets you toggle the language by character if you prefer English with some characters and Japanese with others, but I don't really see the logic in having opposing characters speak in the language their games are set to unless you're just curious (which I am, but I know most others aren't).
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:24 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

Oh, in the game too? I remember the trailer had Ruby speaking in English while everyone else was in Japanese.

If you watched the latest trailer, you would know that the RWBY characters have Japanese voices.
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:57 am Reply with quote
Wish the last Blazblue game had an English dub. It was very missed.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:54 am Reply with quote
I do not really think it matters if a fighting game is dubbed or not, to me its just background noise regardless of the language. The only upside and downside I think of is, if it is dubbed then I do not have to look down at the text box(if there is one) to see what was said and if it is subbed/raw, well this is subjective, but the performances are more entertaining.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2