• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Legend of the Galactic Heroes TV Anime Adds 6 Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Suwabe is best known for more jocular, energetic characters, but he's also played Shota Aizawa in My Hero Academia, who's more dry. So he could work for Oberstein, though I'd rather he was Bittenfeld. I could imagine Yuichi Nakamura as Reunethal, at least, and Yuuki Kaji should work for Julian. Shinichiro Miki as Schönkopf might work.

Just a reminder, that while Mittermeyer is much less beefy than in the OVA, in the novels he's described as having a smaller frame.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:51 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Suwabe is best known for more jocular, energetic characters, but he's also played Shota Aizawa in My Hero Academia, who's more dry. So he could work for Oberstein, though I'd rather he was Bittenfeld. I could imagine Yuichi Nakamura as Reunethal, at least, and Yuuki Kaji should work for Julian. Shinichiro Miki as Schönkopf might work.

Just a reminder, that while Mittermeyer is much less beefy than in the OVA, in the novels he's described as having a smaller frame.

I don't know if Nakamura will be able to compete with Norio Wakamoto as Reunethal, I'm sorry, just think that way. Pretty big shoes to fill.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:16 am Reply with quote
Takumi Yamazaki should be Oberstein.
Marzan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:32 am Reply with quote
The character designs for von Reuental and Walter von Schönkopf don’t really work for
me.
Zeino

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:28 am Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:

That was what I was hoping for along with Takehito Koyasu as Reuenthal and Toshiyuki Morikawa as Mittermeyer. But it makes sense that they would go with the current most popular seiyu. Though I think that Ono and Nakamura should switch roles as Reuenthal needs a deep voice which Ono D can do easily while Mittermeyer needs to sound normal if hot-blooded at times.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:47 am Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
The character designs for von Reuental and Walter von Schönkopf don’t really work for
me.

Hell, I wouldn't have recognized a single one of them if it weren't for their names being listed. von Schönkopf's in particular is an absolute crime...he's not a goddamn bishie. At this point this has all the makings of a top-to-bottom disaster.
7PhoenixAshes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:49 am Reply with quote
Nakamura Yuichi as Reuental? Well, if we can't get Wakamoto, I guess he'll do.

Those character designs, though - about the only thing I like about them is that the Imperials' boots are outside of their pants this time. I always have to remind myself to untuck my trouser legs every time I pull on the ol' LoGH cosplay...

Last edited by 7PhoenixAshes on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:49 am Reply with quote
Ooof, these character deigns are, uh, hitting me pretty hard. Part of it is surely that I'm so used to the OVA designs, but damn, how is that ever going to be Reuenthal to me?

Also, what about Oberstein's dog? I'm asking the real important questions here!
Jacut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:07 am Reply with quote
Wow, the character design IS horrendous. Seriously, it looks like an Otome Game...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:55 am Reply with quote
I can totally see Junichi Suwabe as Oberstein; he can pull of that mysterious vibe easily. But I seriously could not tell that black haired Kakoyin was Reuenthal?! More familiar with his comb over look from the OVA. I feel pretty meh about Yuuki Kaji as Julian since I can't think of any other popular VA that can consistently sound like a teen/young adult. Schönkopf looks quite awesome though so that's a relief although Shinchiro Miki voicing him will be startling.

Wow this actually happening! Very Happy
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:03 am Reply with quote
Jacut wrote:
Wow, the character design IS horrendous. Seriously, it looks like an Otome Game...

They gotta make their money back somehow. Look forward to the figurines & hug pillows. Merch & events are how they'll make their money back off this thing & if a cast is all male, it's women who will be buying - & not because they like space operas.
Chocoreto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:40 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Jacut wrote:

They gotta make their money back somehow. Look forward to the figurines & hug pillows. Merch & events are how they'll make their money back off this thing & if a cast is all male, it's women who will be buying - & not because they like space operas.

Tell me I'll get to see Yang in a Dakimakura. Tell me I'll live to see this!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:54 am Reply with quote
Dat cast! OnoD!!! If you weren't interested in this before how could resist such a cast?
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:

Yeah, he did a great job filling Kaneto Shiozawa's shoes as Aries Mu in the Saint Seiya OVAs and Soul of Gold. Junichi Suwabe is one of my favorite voice actors working today, but I'm not sure his voice is a good fit for Oberstein. Hopefully he'll use his higher register and sound more like Victor Nikiforov than Space Dandy.
marek1712

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:23 am Reply with quote
Shinichiro Miki as Schönkopf? Interesting pick Very Happy
OAV had LEGENDARY cast. Most of our beloved voice actors played their roles there.

As for Reuenthal - good luck topping Norio Wakamoto Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1