• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Comic Girls (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:18 pm Reply with quote

Comic Girls (TV)

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: manga, moe, shoujo ai

Plot Summary: 15-year-old high school student and manga creator Kaoruko Moeta uses the pen name Chaos. After ranking at the bottom of a reader survey, Kaoruko's editor recommends that she enter an all-female dormitory for manga creators. Kaoruko's roommates are shōjo manga creator Koyume Koizuka, teen romance manga creator Ruki Irokawa, and shōnen manga creator Tsubasa Katsuki. The girls support each other as they work to become better manga creators. (from manga)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:53 am Reply with quote
It was painfully bland in every aspect, and the main character is a chore to watch every scene she was in, no character at all, and also ugly.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Ah, nice and comfy, this looks like the new show to fill tat role with the cute girls doing thing, now with manga. With how one of the girl uses her boisterous side to do shounen, I wonder if Kaos will be able to weaponize her self doubt into creating relatable pieces, with some more positive elements. Apparently her problems were things like unrealistic characters, or too boring, while she wants to do really happy things. But I can recall some positive reactions to series that can capture a feeling of self doubt, without being too negative in the end, which I guess is this series in general.

Actually, I was feeling kind of negative today because I did not make as much progress with something as I was hoping to do, actually moving onto a different project, and not quite finishing that either, making me feel a little bad. So I can say this was a bit of a pick me up, where the main character keeps worrying about things, but you can feel that it is not the end.

But, I am also interested in the adult material writer. Actually reminded me a bit of something from Blend S, from a couple seasons back.. Yeah, I am into it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Horror girl is a girl after my own heart. I have a real soft spot for that sort of spoopy aesthetic.

Combined with Kaos, the two of them reminded of a particular Pokémon game duo, of ghost and fairy.

But really, totally enjoy the sneaking up bit, especially when she would appear in the mirror like she did. Laughing

I have been reasonably enjoying the show.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Another series I enjoyed, although I also kind of think not as much as some other similar examples. But it had its own thing mangaka focus. Kaos was great character in how she reflects insecurities people can have, and she felt pretty unique in how it worked with her character being so small and cute, and I would say her little pervy lesbian side. Well, there was nothing that outright said Kaos' sexuality, but she clearly got excited from the rest of the girls, and I love her for it, and not in just some fanservicey way. Her character felt good as a ball of nervousness that helped I think people in the show see that they are not the only ones who worry, and perhaps to viewers too.

The art was cute, and I generally found myself entertained, at least beyond other things I had been watching recently, that I would say this was certainly one of the shows I was happy to watch each week. It gave me a smile.. I will give it a rating of Good (7/10), worth seeing.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Oh but that final episode was just as annoying as hell.

Obviously going for ultra moe "love and protect the cute vulnerable girl" but in execution it was just endless pathetic whimpering about everything she's whimpered about in the rest of show. It was almost a whimper recap episode. Its not like she even learned anything from it. As far as I can tell she's just returned to the same pathetic whimpering failure she was before.

But Overall it wasn't a horrible show. I'll rate it decent for the good bits. If only it could have built on its foundation more instead of constantly repeating itself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1