• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Deadliest Children

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just Passing Through

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:04 am Reply with quote
And neither List mentions the psycho incest cross-dressing twins from Black Lagoon.
dark_bozu

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:10 am Reply with quote
While I understand that this list based on personal opinion but still it's strange that Tetsuo hasn't been mentioned.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Kirika is 15, does that even count as children?

I like how one of the first option in the new poll is Anita King and she's not on the list, she's basically a kid hitwoman with superspeed and throwking knives. And I don't know if he's counted, but Johan Liebert as a child is a worthy candidate.

Superpowered-kids yet Conan and Jaian from Doraemon are included? They are normal people.
trilaan

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Excellent! Zazie the Beast is one of my favorite characters in the Trigun manga, which is also my all-time favorite manga, and was one of the main reasons I sought it out in the first place.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:01 pm Reply with quote
What about Johan from Monster?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Good to see Kirika on the list. It's been a long time since I finished Noir years ago.

I'm not surprised at the number one slot for the previous poll.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I was able to pick all my favs for "strongest"! Seriously, Saki from Shikabane Hime could whip Rei's ass...
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:01 pm Reply with quote
What about Sunako, the vampire girl from Shiki?
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:13 pm Reply with quote
The poll results were hilarious. (Me, I think it could work, but it's going to be rubbish to the fans no matter what. I'm sure fans of the book by William Steig would consider the Shrek films to be rubbish because they're not faithful to the source material.)

By the way, one crucial bit left out of Alluka's description in Hunter X Hunter: She grants wishes as her superpower, and said deaths is a consequence of having them granted in that the next person who can have a wish must perform three things for Alluka, and if they refuse enough times, they are subsequently hurt or killed. Both the difficulty of Alluka's requests and the severity of the deaths (and number of casualties) is directly related to the scale of the previous wish. For instance, one character wishes for large amounts of wealth and is given that--the next person to receive a wish from Alluka spoiler[is then asked to lethally mutilate herself, and when she refuses, she and dozens of people she knows are killed instantly. Another character just wishes for a fast, reliable computer, and consequently, the next wisher just has to pat Alluka on the head, play with her for a few minutes, and say something (forgot what, but it's a single sentence) to get a chance for a wish.] spoiler[The wishes have seemingly no limit besides that they must be physically possible. In addition, anyone whom Alluka is friends with gets to skip the conditions--she will grant the wish and simply fall asleep, which I believe bypasses the conditions for the next person too.]

The description makes it sound like Alluka is a straight-up villain (or anti-hero) when she actually isn't; she's actually a neutral party, highly sought after by various characters who know of her wish-granting ability.

Actually, two crucial bits: Her mom is a top-level assassin and a Nen master, which would provide a rough idea of just how dangerous Alluka is.

Just Passing Through wrote:
And neither List mentions the psycho incest cross-dressing twins from Black Lagoon.

I was actually thinking of them regarding this list. What were their names again? Hansel and Gretel?

Takamachi Ryoko wrote:
Kirika is 15, does that even count as children?

Well, there are three entries on this list who aren't children in that they've lived for a far longer amount of time than 18 years. But yeah, the other six entries are all physically children. Kirika is still legally a child, though if you were to do that, it'd open up all sorts of anime/mang protagonists, who tend to skew REAL young compared to other media.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:02 am Reply with quote
No Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn)?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:26 am Reply with quote
If we're counting teenagers, the whole main 5 pilots of Gundam Wing (especially Heero Yuy who's the same age as Kritika) plus Iron Blooded Orphans had Mikazuki and all of Tekkadan. Setsuna was also this in 00. Actually Gundam as a franchise has a lot of these.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:13 am Reply with quote
Some of the characters in the new poll are teenagers; don't really think they qualify as "kids."
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:30 am Reply with quote
dark_bozu wrote:
While I understand that this list based on personal opinion but still it's strange that Tetsuo hasn't been mentioned.

that is because he is technically and older teenager. around 17 near 18!

BUT how is it that johan from monster isn't on this list is by far beyond me!! hell, some of those psycho kids from higurashi when they cry should get a mention considering that some of them are definitely over the cuckoo category!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:25 am Reply with quote
Just want to throw out there several characters from the Durarara!! world. Weirdly enough there's more crazies in this show then there are sane individuals Laughing (watched the first series for the first time recently, on episode 6 of Shou atm)
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:31 am Reply with quote
How is Zeno from Dragon Ball Super not on this list? He/they can wipe out entire galaxies just by pointing at them.

Also, I'm pretty sure Alluka is a boy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2