• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Gets New Film Project With Original Anime's Staff, Aged Characters

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louis6578

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:26 am Reply with quote
Digimon where the protagonists are adults, eh? Interesting.
Dey21

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:29 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
Digimon where the protagonists are adults, eh? Interesting.

I bet they meant character design from Digimon Adventure tri. series. They are teenagers there.

Edit:

Oh I see. They mentioned Tiachi will be 22 years old. 5 years older than in tri.

Last edited by Dey21 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Actar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:32 am Reply with quote
It's not going to die until Taichi and Yamato actually die, is it? Following this, we have Digimon: Filing Tax Returns in File Island and Digimon: The Dark Towers of Desk Work.

Jesus.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:38 am Reply with quote
I'm 29 now, and when I was 22, word aged was reserved for people who are at least in their 40s.

Anyway, good to have more Digimon.
Drunk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:41 am Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
I'm 29 now, and when I was 22, word aged was reserved for people who are at least in their 40s.

I think "aged" in this context means that they've grown older than before , which they have. But I'm not a native speaker so I could be wrong.
Chaotic-Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:57 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
Psajdak wrote:

I think "aged" in this context means that they've grown older than before , which they have. But I'm not a native speaker so I could be wrong.

No, you are correct, that's exactly what it's meaning. The characters have been aged up.
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:17 am Reply with quote
This must be the project that Series Director Kakudou Hiroyuki quit because the higher-ups wouldn't agree to use his story ideas. What a shame. It'd have been nice if Kakudou had a chance to work on Digimon again. He's one of Toei's best and fastest directors.
Dey21

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:20 am Reply with quote
I found picture with 22-year old characters. It's legit.

Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:12 am Reply with quote
-Sigh-

They're beating that horse skeleton, aren't they? They should've made a continuation where we see them saving Daisuke and the others.
juusee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:36 am Reply with quote
I see where this is going. Tri was meant as a celebration for the franchise's 15 year anniversary where Taichi was 17. The films just finished this year and they're gonna have new movies for 20year anniversary with 22yo Taichi. Guess by the time they're finished with this we'll have new movies with 27yo Taichi.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:09 am Reply with quote
To be honest, I stopped caring about the 01 cast after the whole Tri debacle. I want to see the 02 kids. I want to see what happened to Himekawa. I dont give a shit about older Tai and Matt. Stop trying to force them down our throats, Toei.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:14 am Reply with quote
Adventure was the only universe in the Digimon series that I liked, and even then I hated 02. So having them continue with the original cast is music to my ears.
Ryasha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:22 am Reply with quote
Would have much rather had a set of movies for Tamers instead of more Adventure.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:26 am Reply with quote
Toei for years tried exploring other new original ideas with the Digimon franchise with seasons like Tamers, Frontier, and Data Squad. If fans were truly tired of the Adventure cast, they had plenty of chances to support other incarnations of the franchise. Fans failed to show up support for even good seasons like Data Squad but Tri sales were a big financial success for Toei, so Toei is simply responding to the sales. Fans have only themselves to blame for this.
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:30 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
It's not going to die until Taichi and Yamato actually die, is it? Following this, we have Digimon: Filing Tax Returns in File Island and Digimon: The Dark Towers of Desk Work.

Jesus.
They just won't let it go. The Tri announcement had some hype before it. The return for the original cast? Sounds good. Sadly the writers weren't up for it and we get what Tri ended up being.

Now they are just going to stalk these characters into their graves.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3