• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lyrical Nanoha Detonation Anime Film Casts Kōichi Yamadera, Adds Weekly Bonus Shorts

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:18 am Reply with quote
I love this series can't wait for more of it to come love each character in it. <3
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:49 pm Reply with quote
There's a good chance Right Stuf might bring Nanoha back.
They signed a distribution deal with Eleven Arts. They'll probably at least bring the theatrical features onto home video.

As far as the TV shows, who knows? Geneon only distributed two of those TV series in the US before they shut down operations.
There are three DIRECT Nanoha TV series. There was a prototype show but it technically wasn't Nanoha from what I understand.

I did see the movie Reflection when they screened it in the US and I was impressed. Very high quality production. I'm not sure I understood EVERYTHING but there were a bunch of magical girls with different abilities and lots of explosions, too!

And it really didn't look like Sailor Moon, either. Whatever money they spent LOOKS like it ended up on the screen!
SM always kind of looked cheap...
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:24 pm Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
They signed a distribution deal with Eleven Arts. They'll probably at least bring the theatrical features onto home video.

As far as the TV shows, who knows? Geneon only distributed two of those TV series in the US before they shut down operations.
There are three DIRECT Nanoha TV series. There was a prototype show but it technically wasn't Nanoha from what I understand.

I did see the movie Reflection when they screened it in the US and I was impressed. Very high quality production. I'm not sure I understood EVERYTHING but there were a bunch of magical girls with different abilities and lots of explosions, too!

And it really didn't look like Sailor Moon, either. Whatever money they spent LOOKS like it ended up on the screen!

It's really all over the place when it comes to the shows you get like 2 seasons worth of Fate and Nanoha when they are kids then a new season comes out as them been adults and teaching at a military school then you get another season where Vivio is the main MC as Nanoha and fates adopted daughter then you get another season which is kinda like a spin of but kinda followers the vivio story the main MC of this one is fuka reventon. I been reading the manga as well but there are so many spin offs which stops the main story from continuing.
palom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Azza Murphy wrote:
GeorgeC wrote:

It's really all over the place when it comes to the shows you get like 2 seasons worth of Fate and Nanoha when they are kids then a new season comes out as them been adults and teaching at a military school then you get another season where Vivio is the main MC as Nanoha and fates adopted daughter then you get another season which is kinda like a spin of but kinda followers the vivio story the main MC of this one is fuka reventon. I been reading the manga as well but there are so many spin offs which stops the main story from continuing.

About spin off...yeah, Vivio is unnecesary, Force unfinished and Innocence an alternative universe... I hope someday they make a true sequel to StrikerS...
That's ironic because Nanoha was a spin off of triangle heart xD

This guide is quite useful xD

GeorgeC wrote:

Try to find the first and second movie, the Quality is too high

By prototype show, you mean Triangle Heart?
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:25 pm Reply with quote
"By prototype show, you mean Triangle Heart?"

Probably...
I dunno.

You guys know more about this than I do!

I think the character designs look nice and the movie I saw was excellent. Much higher quality than average.
I think I saw all the REALLY good anime features this past year in the fix 5 months!
I wasn't really thrilled with Maquia or Step On Girl.
Nanoha: Reflection and Mazinger Z: Infinity both impressed me.

I know that the first two Nanoha movies basically retell the original TV series with much higher-quality animation. Someone who was a HUGE fan that I met at the local Reflection screening said that he felt the TV series had dated animation which to me sounds like they were cheap productions like Sailor Moon is.

I have a feeling Right Stuf might license all the movies and bring them over.
Whether the TV shows will ever be relicensed for the US is another story. I do have the two series that Geneon licensed... I had heard the last one wasn't worth getting and that the "prototype" show really wasn't Nanoha.
palom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Short Story:
spoiler[Triangle Heart 3 was an eroge with action (Fate Stay Night Style). The main characters were the brothers of Nanoha (assassin ninja bodyguards) and Nanoha was a secondary character and just the cute little sister. There is a OVA about this story.
Lyrical Toy Box is the prototype of Nanoha (it does not exist in animated format)
Lyrical Nanoha - Nanoha A's - Nanoha StrikerS: Main Trilogy
1st and 2nd movies: Retell of the first seasons.
Vivid: StrikerS spin off, it does not have the serious tone of the main series and is more fan service.
Vivid Strike: Vivid Spin off, and it's better than Vivid.]

GeorgeC wrote:
I know that the first two Nanoha movies basically retell the original TV series with much higher-quality animation. Someone who was a HUGE fan that I met at the local Reflection screening said that he felt the TV series had dated animation which to me sounds like they were cheap productions like Sailor Moon is.

The first season was a low budget one and was quite different (starts as a Sakura Card Captor Rip-off and then takes form during the second half), the second season improved everything, StrikerS too (if you watch the blu-ray version). but isn't like Sailor Moon. A's and StrikerS don't abuse the transformation sequences and stuff like that.

GeorgeC wrote:
Whether the TV shows will ever be relicensed for the US is another story. I do have the two series that Geneon licensed... I had heard the last one wasn't worth getting and that the "prototype" show really wasn't Nanoha.

They licensed the first season (that was not a prototype) and Nanoha A's (second season), right?

StrikerS is good and my favorite, but is a "you like it or you hate it" situation. Vivid is not worth it, but Vivid Strike is decent.[/spoiler]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1