• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds RErideD TV Anime's 1st 4 Episodes on Saturday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhumberto

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:06 am Reply with quote
Cool! that was unexpected but really welcome news Laughing
Hazelll

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:58 am Reply with quote
So if we watch all 4 eps in one go we'll have to wait a month to continue? Nah thanks
jaykayjk10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Hazelll wrote:
So if we watch all 4 eps in one go we'll have to wait a month to continue? Nah thanks
Wouldn’t we have to wait 6 weeks in that case? It doesn’t start airing til 2 weeks from now, and we are getting 4 weeks of eps. 6 week wait for a simulcast sounds unappealing to me, but I’ll probably start watching it anyway.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:01 am Reply with quote
What advantage does CR get, other than many regions having an incentive to pirate, airing the 4st epi. of an anime series before Japan? In such a situation, I think waiting another few weeks for the 5th episode to stream is justified to maybe necessary. After all, it is important for Japan to also catch-up.
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:39 pm Reply with quote
jaykayjk10 wrote:
Hazelll wrote:
Wouldn’t we have to wait 6 weeks in that case? It doesn’t start airing til 2 weeks from now, and we are getting 4 weeks of eps. 6 week wait for a simulcast sounds unappealing to me, but I’ll probably start watching it anyway.

Apparently opponents of binge watching advocate that the more prolonged a show is the better. This is a highly serialized complex show so after I check these couple out, I'll wait until it completely finishes so I can marathon it and keep the plot details straight.

Kadmos1 wrote:

What advantage does CR get, other than many regions having an incentive to pirate, airing the 4st epi. of an anime series before Japan? In such a situation, I think waiting another few weeks for the 5th episode to stream is justified to maybe necessary. After all, it is important for Japan to also catch-up.

From anidb there's this info:
Note: The first 4 episodes received an early screening at a special event held at Kadokawa Cinema Shinjuku and streamed on Crunchyroll and Hikari TV on 22.09.2018.

So there is a way for Japanese paying money to get it currently. As to why CR is also getting it now, after watching the first episode, I get the impression it's aimed more at a global, audience as all the characters and the setting are western, and the insert and ending songs are sung in English. So maybe Kadokawa wants to gauge international viewership as it is also available in multiple languages on CR now
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1