• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Catherine: Full Body Game's Video Teases Rin's Secret

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:53 am Reply with quote
Okay. There's no question anymore.

She's got Vincent's mother's dog's veterinarian's daughter's high-school sweetheart's name tattooed above her crotch.

There is no other logical explanation behind his reaction.
TheValkyrieAsh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:14 pm Reply with quote
This game isn't going to do well in the US and its just going to cause massive outrage and end up with an apology from the company. Just don't release it here...
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:22 pm Reply with quote
TheValkyrieAsh wrote:
This game isn't going to do well in the US and its just going to cause massive outrage and end up with an apology from the company. Just don't release it here...

The competitive players don't have the same view as you.
TheValkyrieAsh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Who plays that competitively... You realize this game is going to seriously fudge up Atlus' American distribution for years due to the outrage this game is going to cause right?
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:54 pm Reply with quote
TheValkyrieAsh wrote:
God, please, the real players don't care about some Twitter bonkers. The game was already controversial when it was released on PS3, and nope - it was still successful thing.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:44 pm Reply with quote
it better get released over here! I already traded in my ps3 version in preparation >.< I'm looking forward too it
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:15 pm Reply with quote
TheValkyrieAsh wrote:
Who plays that competitively... You realize this game is going to seriously fudge up Atlus' American distribution for years due to the outrage this game is going to cause right?

Hey if Dead or Alive can still be released here, then so can this game. Besides you are seemingly underestimating how many fans Catherine has. While the game didn’t sell as much as say persona, the game did sell half a million units worldwide. So obviously if they don’t release it outside of Japan, there’s going to be an even larger outcry. Aside from the fact that you never have played this game...It’s actually a very challenging puzzle game. Which is especially why it has quite a bit of competitive players.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:35 pm Reply with quote
TheValkyrieAsh wrote:

You probably didn't saw the recently streamed tournaments, did you?
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Felicity dash wrote:
TheValkyrieAsh wrote:

Hey if Dead or Alive can still be released here, then so can this game. Besides you are seemingly underestimating how many fans Catherine has. While the game didn’t sell as much as say persona, the game did sell half a million units worldwide. So obviously if they don’t release it outside of Japan, there’s going to be an even larger outcry. Aside from the fact that you never have played this game...It’s actually a very challenging puzzle game. Which is especially why it has quite a bit of competitive players.

He's fear mongering over the potential for sites like Resetera/Kotaku/Polygon/Vice starting defamation campaigns over any content in the game they find offensive. Personally, I'd be more worried about it getting through Sony's Californian clippers unscathed.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:00 pm Reply with quote
TheValkyrieAsh wrote:

Those two stereotypical gay characters in Persona 5 caused some outrage and I don't remember it leading to protests, boycotts, or anyone being forced to apologize over it (or at least hearing about such a thing happening).
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Ya know i never noticed that 'controversy' in Catherine the first time I played it.
Only after looking up for more info on the endings and lore did I notice it and I do think Atlus handled it poorly.
But it doesn't change my appreciation for the game and the rest of the story elements.
Maybe Atlus didn't learn anything from that experience or maybe they did and what happened once won't happen again.
Who knows, what I do know is that the moment preorders open I'm securing me a copy.
Full disclosure: Vincent does seem like an ass in his reactions to rin and we don't know what the 'secret' of her body is. Maybe instead of having the physical body of a man, she's like a barbie doll or something. No reproductive organs or genitals. I'm going to believe that before the story arc is over Vincent is going to accept her as she is in a believable manner. Also, I love that Johnny isn't afraid to smack Vincent when he's being an ass.
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:19 am Reply with quote
Don't pay any attention to him, Rin, I'll accept you for who you are and gladly make gentle, caring, passionate love to you if you'll have me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1