• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Studio Trigger Panel at Anime NYC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phrunicus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Saw Koyama and Wakabayashi at a local convention earlier this year, right around week 14 or 15 in the run of FRANXX. (To be pedantic and nitpick, it was at a convention in Rochester, NY, so *not* their first "New York" convention ;p) Was good times, got looks at some of the same stuff you mentioned here in terms of the character designs, and IIRC a brief promo video for Promare. Also they showed us one of the special Inferno Cop episodes I think you have to attend one of their events and be lucky for.

On a more fun note: One of the events was a 'live drawing' session, and Koyama was doodling as people walked in, and one of his doodles turned into my friend: https://twitter.com/waka_geek/status/985385829009887232 (note the pic in the middle on the right)
Shaterri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Wakabayashi commented that [...] he thinks Rikka is more popular in America, where Akane is more popular in Japan.

It's certainly true that Akane may be more relatively popular in Japan, but at least judging by fan-art it's no contest; Rikka is running at literally 1 1/2 times Akane's levels on pixiv and seems to be pretty far in the lead elsewhere too...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I missed this panel. But I was glad to make it. But always good to see new projects coming out of Studio Trigger.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1