• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical Girl Special Ops Asuka Anime's 2nd Promo Video Reveals Theme Song Artists, More Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:06 am Reply with quote
Has anyone read the original manga? I was told that the yuri element is quite strong in it, but as far as I understood it is played more for fanservice and drama, and not for a serious romantic line. So, I want to understand whether I should wait a lot from this element.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:24 am Reply with quote
From what I understand, it does have some sort of yuri. Some of the main girls are interested in other girls, the males are elders and animal mascots, and the author likes yuri. Now if you can settle with the edginess, you should be able to watch it.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:34 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
From what I understand, it does have some sort of yuri. Some of the main girls are interested in other girls, the males are elders and animal mascots, and the author likes yuri. Now if you can settle with the edginess, you should be able to watch it.

Well, as I said, I mostly prefer yuri in the form of a more or less developed romantic line, because shiping to a show with “strong emotional connections” like Revue Starlight rather distracts me from the plot. However, if the manga does it quite openly, rather than endlessly teasing "are they lesbians or not?", then I in.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 am Reply with quote
It's got a bit of yuri from what I read of it, but it's mostly just action and extreme violence, but not too much to the point where it takes away from characterization.

Anyway, seeing this trailer though, I'm still hyped, it really looks like it could be one of the Best Anime of 2019 already.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:35 pm Reply with quote
How grimdark is this series compared to Magical Girl Site? I don't mind grimdark magical girls itself but Magical Girl Site was my limit for that stuff but if this is closer to something like Yuki Yuna or even Magical Girl Raising Project, I wouldn't mind watching it.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
How grimdark is this series compared to Magical Girl Site? I don't mind grimdark magical girls itself but Magical Girl Site was my limit for that stuff but if this is closer to something like Yuki Yuna or even Magical Girl Raising Project, I wouldn't mind watching it.

It is rather closer to Gundam or Psycho-Passs. Not in the sense that it is mecha or cyberpunk, but in the sense that this series has a military-criminal edgy.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:14 pm Reply with quote
It have GARNIDELLIA OP
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1