• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai Namco Ent. Briefly Posts Video Announcing SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:52 am Reply with quote
Been waiting for this... but why only 4 worlds?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:54 am Reply with quote
#891509 wrote:

Probably to keep the story potentially coherent. The more worlds you add in a crossover, the more difficult it is to keep the plot sensible.
Xavon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:00 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
#891509 wrote:

Probably to keep the story potentially coherent. The more worlds you add in a crossover, the more difficult it is to keep the plot sensible.

It is likely a mobile gacha game. Who needs a sensible plot, so long as everyone can spend money, trying in vain to get their favorite waifu. Or in this case, mecha.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
It is likely a mobile gacha game. Who needs a sensible plot, so long as everyone can spend money, trying in vain to get their favorite waifu. Or in this case, mecha.

The expectation is it's probably a sequel to SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, since they're announcing it through a console game and the "4 new worlds will cross" suggests adding on something already there. Genesis was all UC only. It went down like this with the last series of releases for these games - there was Spirits which was all UC, Wars which added AU, World which largely added anything missing by then...

Only "4 new worlds" would seem to suggest they're not adding in all the major AU on the second shot, though - but if they're being comprehensive, that might make sense (all of SEED's myriad minor spin-offs would be a lot of work on its own)

There have been a whole bunch of G Generation games on phones, so many I've lost track of them. The last one was Revolution, which I believe shut down just this past October, or maybe that was just the Chinese version.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:37 am Reply with quote
The official video is up on youtube now.
They remove all UC series mobile suits and make it exclusive to the 4 AU and their spin off series. It pretty much guarantee individual storyline for each series and no original story.

Goodbye my Lv 50 unicorn.....hopefully we can get bonus money from save data transfer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1