• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon: Detective Pikachu Film's 'No Clue' Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CheerSong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:09 pm Reply with quote
You may consider fixing the following:

The Japanese release date is May 3:
https://meitantei-pikachu.jp/sp/

Production began in January 2018, not 2019 as implied.

(I posted this on the thread for the Japanese release announcement thread as well.)
Firefly251

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:54 pm Reply with quote
for those not wanting to waste time:

its mostly stuff from original trailer, with like 6 seconds of new stuff.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:37 pm Reply with quote
All I'm hearing is Deadpool as a Pokemon.
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:13 am Reply with quote
Firefly251 wrote:
for those not wanting to waste time:

its mostly stuff from original trailer, with like 6 seconds of new stuff.

It's a 30 second trailer, it's not exactly a huge waste if someone watches it. There's roughly 14 seconds of footage that wasn't in the other two trailers, so about half of it is new.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:52 am Reply with quote
The clip was short but mildly amusing. I hope that the film will be good, people who saw an advance screening say it's pretty good, and Warner Bros. already greenlighted a sequel, and there are rumors of a Pokémon Cinematic Universe, so it looks that they're confident that it's going to be a success.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm still pretty skeptical, seeing how most American live-action adaptations of Japanese anime turn out abysmal (I'm looking at YOU Dragonball: Evolution! Thank you for putting 20th Century Fox into financial ruin and being part of the reason they were sold to Disney. And yes, I'm being sarcastic). But, this is Warner Bros., and they've become the go-to studio for nerds as of late.
StarfighterPegasus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:40 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
I'm still pretty skeptical, seeing how most American live-action adaptations of Japanese anime turn out abysmal (I'm looking at YOU Dragonball: Evolution! Thank you for putting 20th Century Fox into financial ruin and being part of the reason they were sold to Disney. And yes, I'm being sarcastic). But, this is Warner Bros., and they've become the go-to studio for nerds as of late.
Dragon Ball Evolution this, Dragon Ball Evolution that. It has been nearly a decade since that film was released the person who directed it apologized, get over it. Rolling Eyes
Black Turtle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:50 am Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
WB is just the worse studio ever. They don't know what they're doing with most of their franchises. They mostly don't care because they are one of the biggest studio, so they shit all the time. Marketting decision, weird choices, etc. And don't even let me start with their DVD branch... They're uniformising the menu of all their dvd with horrible menus, etc. They downgraded their DVD image quality when BR became a thing. Ho and did I mention they don't care (like that time they put a Hobbit Bonus on the Man of Steel DVD. But they didn't even care to remove it for the Full HD Blu Ray that went out... 3 years later.

Some one that defend Warner is at best a fool.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1