• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Central Hosts U.S. Premiere of 2nd Made in Abyss Compilation Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm interested to learn if there were any changes or new animation made for this movie or if it's just a pure recap of footage from the TV series.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I will be there for this, so ANN will be covering it and have a quick report on the movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ergzay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:33 pm Reply with quote
AkumaChef wrote:
I'm interested to learn if there were any changes or new animation made for this movie or if it's just a pure recap of footage from the TV series.

The first movie had multiple changes, especially in a long prequel scene depicting some footage of Riko's father.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:49 am Reply with quote
Ergzay wrote:

The first movie had multiple changes, especially in a long prequel scene depicting some footage of Riko's father.

Do you know of anywhere that has a more detailed description of the differences? I'm curious if this is one of those situations where (like usual), the compilation movie is neither better or worse than the TV, but rather it is somewhere in the middle with both pros and cons to it.

@Key
Sweet, I'm looking forward to it!
Key

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:37 am Reply with quote
AkumaChef wrote:
Do you know of anywhere that has a more detailed description of the differences? I'm curious if this is one of those situations where (like usual), the compilation movie is neither better or worse than the TV, but rather it is somewhere in the middle with both pros and cons to it.

Our review of it from last month should go into enough detail for what you're looking for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:50 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Our review of it from last month should go into enough detail for what you're looking for.

Thanks, that explains it perfectly. Somehow I missed that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1