• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Houston's Anime Matsuri Hosts Voice Actor Nobuhiko Okamoto, Voice Actress Aina Kusuda

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ongopogou

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news! Already guaranteed my ticket purchase!
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I am so jealous i would love to meet Accelerator.
Steve Minecraft

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully that misogynistic harassment campaign currently being levied at Aina Kusuda doesn't show up to the convention to try to attack her or anything.
GhostStalkerSA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Steve Minecraft wrote:
Hopefully that misogynistic harassment campaign currently being levied at Aina Kusuda doesn't show up to the convention to try to attack her or anything.

Wait, what misogynistic harassment campaign aimed at Kussun?

The only campaign I’ve been seeing around this announcement is people trying to warn her off from going to this con because of the long standing accusations leveled against the con founder of harassment and assault, part of the ongoing campaign to boycott Anime Matsuri in most con circles. Are you talking about that? That’s not targeted at her at all.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:15 am Reply with quote
Steve Minecraft wrote:

What are you even talking about?
gloverrandal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:18 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
What are you even talking about?

I believe they are referring to those foreigners flooding her fansite inbox with threats about her going to the overseas convention.

https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2019/04/14/mob-attempting-to-cancel-aina-kusudas-anime-matsuri-appearance/
GhostStalkerSA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:09 pm Reply with quote
gloverrandal wrote:

I believe they are referring to those foreigners flooding her fansite inbox with threats about her going to the overseas convention.

https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2019/04/14/mob-attempting-to-cancel-aina-kusudas-anime-matsuri-appearance/

First off, lol sankaku complex. Couldn’t find a more biased “article” if I tried. Of course they’re gonna spin this as a “mob”, spurred on by #kickvic, when most of the people I’ve seen online want Kussun not to go to this con because of the previous #BoycottAnimeMatsuri campaign, not anything to do with Vic.

Also, threats? Warnings wrt the skeevy nature of the con organizer is more like it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1