• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st New Twelve Kingdoms Novel Story in 6 Years Slated for 4 Volumes in October, November

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic! Now we just (still) need someone to pick up the license for an English translation. Yen Press? J-Novel Club? Haikasoru? Come on!
Brand

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Yes, please I really wish someone would pick up Twelve Kingdoms again. It killer that the TokyoPop release and the anime end in the same place. Like OMG I'll re-buy all the early volumes again just someone do it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Brand wrote:
Yes, please I really wish someone would pick up Twelve Kingdoms again. It killer that the TokyoPop release and the anime end in the same place. Like OMG I'll re-buy all the early volumes again just someone do it.

That would be nice. And maybe getting a decent conclusion in anime form.

And YIKES, four volumes? This is like the last installment of The Wheel of Time being broken up into three.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:47 pm Reply with quote
So the story still has not ended?
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
Fantastic! Now we just (still) need someone to pick up the license for an English translation. Yen Press? J-Novel Club? Haikasoru? Come on!

Don't forget Seven Seas. They picked up the Boogiepop novels (though those had a new anime tie-in, so that might have helped --- also, I see they were the ones who first brought out the novels many years ago).
Calico

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Man, I really wish someone would pick up the series in English... The Tokyopop translation isn't that great and it's really expensive, so I'm sure tons of people, myself included, would buy the books all over again.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Let's hope this prompts a renewed interest in getting more of this story animated to push those new book sales Smile
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:09 pm Reply with quote
a sequel for the anime please...

i was pleasantly surprised with the first one.
sonryu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Who someone out there PLEASE license the rest of the novels already? And add Guin Saga and Moribito while you're at it Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Zapdos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:41 pm Reply with quote
New anime season please.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Twelve Kingdoms is still one of the best fantasy series. I always wanted to read the original novels but I got into it too late in the game to able to buy them now. I also wish someone would rescue license the novels. Now seems like a good time with this new volume and the anime getting a re-release on BD and getting streamed on AsianCrush.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:50 pm Reply with quote
miracles really do happen! Anime smile

now all we need is a license rescue for the novels or at the very least fantranslations by that one person who started fantranslating them before Tokyopop licensed them (and did a much better job to boot and even covered what Tokyopop didn't release).
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

There is no over-arcing story. Just different arcs with (mostly) different characters set in different parts of the world.
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:25 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

I'm not happy with this continuation.
For me the last book had ended perfectly, with a "bad ending". Not all stories need to have a "happy ending", that the author choose to continue Tai's story... but after thinking I suspect that I understand, with the illness and all.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:26 pm Reply with quote
I would like to point out that on literally every Seven Seas license request surveys, I have been putting in Twelve Kingdoms on novels for over a year now.

So yeah, Seven Seas, Haikasoru, Yen, J-novel, just somebody get this damn series!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1