• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: DanMemo's Yoshitsugu Matsuoka Awarded Guinness World Record

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:22 pm Reply with quote
That's pretty cool. Kinda surprised no other mobile game has that amount of voiced dialogue.

The 2nd anniversary event is the story of Argonaut so that's going to be pretty interesting.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
That's pretty cool. Kinda surprised no other mobile game has that amount of voiced dialogue.

The 2nd anniversary event is the story of Argonaut so that's going to be pretty interesting.
Well, some mobage like GBF have that amounts of voiced dialogue, but it's divided by all of the characters (and mobage have a lots of characters), not to mention even in full-voiced mobage MC's usually aren't voiced at all. That trick with Bell being full-voiced MC in Danmachi game with a productivity of Matsuoka allowed to break a record.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:17 pm Reply with quote
The record is for any character, though, so a main heroine would count too even if the protagonist was silent. Even in Danmemo there are tons more Hestia units so I'd figure she's surpass Bell.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Congrats for Matsuoka.
Elves

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:00 am Reply with quote
After playing Memoria Freese for over a solid year-plus I can totally believe this. The game itself has had so many fully voiced side stories and events it's easy to see why Matsuoka is a record holder. Those stories are what keep me slogging away on the battlefront too. I love that so many of the main events are sanctioned by the author as well!

Kudos to Yoshitsugu Matsuoka on the accomplishment! (Which I'm sure was never planned for, but still. lol ) Now he probably will always sound like Bell in any role to me after all the hours I put in on that game. lol
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Kawasumi needs to step up her game, lol.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:00 am Reply with quote
Congrats. I am curious as to who bothered to count all those lines or if there was some automated counter that kept track of the lines.
Meongantuk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:56 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Congrats. I am curious as to who bothered to count all those lines or if there was some automated counter that kept track of the lines.

They probably count from the original script's file. The software's (whicever they use) in built word counter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1