• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest, Cop Craft?, Demon Lord, Retr

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:46 am Reply with quote
They also just announced the Nobunaga anime Kochoki.
Hoping Funi takes Takagi-san from Netflix’s grasp, but at this point it seems all hope is nearly lost for that show Sad
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:31 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
They also just announced the Nobunaga anime Kochoki.
Hoping Funi takes Takagi-san from Netflix’s grasp, but at this point it seems all hope is nearly lost for that show Sad

Netflix is gunning for that show?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:44 am Reply with quote
they have it exclusively in Japan, and so far no other service anywhere has announced they will be streaming it
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:46 am Reply with quote
As someone who prefers dubs this is a great news and it is nice to see that Cop Craft managed to get a dub. I was worried that Aniplex would get it and that it would have the same fate as Re:Creators. For two seasons in a row Funimation has been licensing most of the shows which is a little surprising since Crunchyroll was recently bought by a company worth half a trillion dollars.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:10 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
they have it exclusively in Japan, and so far no other service anywhere has announced they will be streaming it

That's not exactly encouraging. I don't know if Netflix came away with the rest of Saiki K. because Funi and/or CR didn't want it or what, but they did release it sub-only. I don't think there is anything that would stop Netflix from contracting Funimation to dub Takagi, but I have my doubts that they would.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
getchman wrote:

That's not exactly encouraging. I don't know if Netflix came away with the rest of Saiki K. because Funi and/or CR didn't want it or what, but they did release it sub-only. I don't think there is anything that would stop Netflix from contracting Funimation to dub Takagi, but I have my doubts that they would.

In regards to saiki k funimation gave a very short reply to someones facebook comment/question a long time ago in regards to season 2 and beyond that unfortunately things couldnt happen if both sides cant come to an agreement. (I'm sure there was more to that but it sounds like funimation at least tried with saiki k).

Edit: it also could have easily had something to do with why they quickly released both part 1 and 2 of season 1 at the same time.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
getchman wrote:

Netflix seems to be starting to move their English dubs to the Texas pool, if 7Seed and the upcoming Saint Seiya remake dub are any indication, so in the event they get Takagi-san there would be at least the hope that once they release the full series they would get the VA's from the dub back.

That being said, this does remind me of the Index III situation where people were worried about Netflix getting it exclusively.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:45 am Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
As someone who prefers dubs this is a great news and it is nice to see that Cop Craft managed to get a dub. I was worried that Aniplex would get it and that it would have the same fate as Re:Creators. For two seasons in a row Funimation has been licensing most of the shows which is a little surprising since Crunchyroll was recently bought by a company worth half a trillion dollars.

Same here. I'm really excited for the Cop Craft dub too as the sub premiere was awesome so I can't wait to re-watch, lots of potential for a great dub. I'm looking forward to the casting for our lead duo, this could be such a great show if it can keep it up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1