• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece TV Anime's Episodes on July 28, August 4 to Have Original Story Tying into New Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:23 am Reply with quote
Awesome, this should widen the gap between the manga and anime more.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Weird place to put that filler, wouldn't make more sense to have it right before Wano arc starts and not right after it starts? I mean it's not like a month early advertisement for the movie would make that much of a difference x.x
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Wow, surprised to see even Ann from the One Piece Tokyo Tower live show in the movie too. They're really bringing everyone they can Laughing
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:40 pm Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
Weird place to put that filler, wouldn't make more sense to have it right before Wano arc starts and not right after it starts? I mean it's not like a month early advertisement for the movie would make that much of a difference x.x

I'm sure they really wanted to have it be the two weeks immediately before the movie opens, but yeah, this is unfortunate timing. Wano has had a very strong opening, but now we lose all of that momentum almost immediately after it starts.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
SpaceTheGamer wrote:

I'm sure they really wanted to have it be the two weeks immediately before the movie opens, but yeah, this is unfortunate timing. Wano has had a very strong opening, but now we lose all of that momentum almost immediately after it starts.

It would've worked if the filler was 4 episodes and started in July. I guess nowadays even 4 filler episodes is too much for Toei. Or Toei just really wanted to start Wano in July, since it's the beginning of a new (anime) season. But hey, at least it's only 2 episodes as opposed to 3-4. It's not like this is the first time that it's happened. We're only losing 3 episodes of momentum, and we've waited for Wano for years, so it's not that big a deal. Also, we're gonna get a Romance Dawn TV special in the anime's timeslot in october anyway, so there would've been an interruption regardless.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1