• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sword Art Online's First 8 Volumes Get Limited Edition 10th Anniversary Covers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:57 pm Reply with quote
They got kind of lazy with the first 6.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:09 pm Reply with quote
First 8 volumes of... what? It doesn't actually say in the article if this is the novels or manga. I'm guessing it's the LN, but I'm not actually 100% sure.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
First 8 volumes of... what? It doesn't actually say in the article if this is the novels or manga. I'm guessing it's the LN, but I'm not actually 100% sure.

Emerje

Your profile pic really sets the tone in your response lol
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:35 pm Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:

No kidding. Just what did Asuna even do during Phantom Bullet to warrant her being on the cover instead of Sinon?
Pedram

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

It's the Light Novel, SAO's Manga is very weird and each arc is separated by different artists. and some of them are good while some are very amateur.

they never focus their attention on the Manga for SAO, maybe coz SAO LN is the most successful LN of Japan for the past decade (6 years of #1 best selling out of 10) and they didn't want to split the fans between the LN and Manga, but I doubt it, I think the fans would have bought both either way lol

Double Mangekyo wrote:
LiteMangime wrote:

No kidding. Just what did Asuna even do during Phantom Bullet to warrant her being on the cover instead of Sinon?

Pretty much nothing, she could be on the background of the cover for her help and support of kirito in the hospital ( showing us her supporting kirito from the back lol ) or the scene of them dating in RL early on but other than that she had no role.

Probably her being in the Top 5 Most liked female character of japan for the past 9 years every single years for the light novel readers ranking have something to do with it.

or the fact that Modern SAO keep on reducing the "harem" aspect and focusing more on Kirito and Asuna, like the whole Sword Art Online Progressive light novel being written since 2012+ is just Kirito and Asuna.
Pedram

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:04 am Reply with quote
Ah, someone just point out to me that the reason all the covers for this 10th anniversary limited edition is all Kirito and Asuna... is because they are all copy paste of the "Key Visual" for the 10th Anniversary of SAO lol

I didn't notice this before, but he is right... they are all from this picture :

https://i.imgur.com/GrdjkE3.png

btw I love this picture, specially the Alicization Kirito and Asuna on the 2 side looking much more serious and Kirito even kinda grasping his heart... that damn foreshadowing. lol
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:13 pm Reply with quote
The Fairy Dance and Phantom Bullet arc covers seem a tad deceptive, aside from showcasing Asuna more (which I don't mind).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1